BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Auditor – Internal Audit Poland
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Wroclaw is one of the key Global Delivery Centres established by BNY Mellon around the world, and is the only one in Continental Europe. We currently employ approx. 1400 people at our centrally-located office in Wroclaw and over the next few years we have plans to increase this number.
Internal Audit is an independent function within The Bank of New York Mellon, chartered to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency.
Internal Audit reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, with the department aligned with the overall structure of the Corporation.
The Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Poland and the United Kingdom. Globally, Internal Audit consists of approx. 330 individuals across 23 locations, with 8 locations in EMEA and approx. 65 auditors.
The Internal Audit team in Poland consists of 7 team members covering various areas of the organization.
The Senior Auditor will be part of the Poland Audit team reporting into the Audit Group Manager responsible for Poland working across Poland, EMEA and Global audit projects.
The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of audit work throughout the planning, execution and reporting phases of an audit, as well as the timely follow-up and validation of resolution of issues. Audits will be completed in accordance with departmental methodologies and completed within the agreed scope and budget. Audits will span various levels of complexity and are likely to involve a significant level of understanding of operational processes and risks across a variety of business lines and legal entities.
The individual must be proactive and able to manage their own workload and work independently where necessary. The individual must be able to effectively communicate issues to stakeholders verbally and in writing across the organization whilst maintaining effective stakeholder relationships across Senior Management and Audit team members. These skills should be demonstrated through thoughtful analysis of business processes, current risk assessments, issue identification/ communication and identification of emerging risks.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
- Developing and executing risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Internal Audit methodology and standards in order to identify the key risks and controls and raise meaningful issues and other exposures in the area of the company being audited or reviewed.
- Supporting the Auditor-in-Charge during all phases of the audit project, including planning and reporting to ensure audit projects are risk-focused, the scope is appropriate and the report accurately reflects the audit work undertaken.
- Owning sections of the audit program and bringing them to completion in line with audit methodology and standards.
- Demonstrating newly acquired knowledge and skills through, for example, thoughtful analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the Auditor-in-charge and auditees.
- Learning business strategies, processes, and regulations (both on the job and through relevant training) and is alert to the changing nature of risk.
- Applying knowledge of financial institutions and applicable regulatory requirements on a day to day basis.
- Supporting the Poland Audit Group Manager in additional departmental deliverables.
- Participating in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant critical thinking specialty such as MIS, DIS, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred. Prior experience in Audit or the relevant specialty area preferred. Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85001
Organization: Audit International-HR07989
Requisition Number: 1804009