BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Representative, Fund/Client Accounting
The main aim of the accountants/analysts in the OTC Derivatives Support Team is to understand the terms of all derivatives contracts and to accurately record these products on BNY Mellon accounting system. It involves capturing the trades but also monitoring the life cycle of the derivatives: ensuring rates are updated, cash settlements are reconciled to BNY Mellon Custody and positions are reconciled to counterparties. The team is also responsible for the investigation and resolution of all derivative breaks and queries through communication with custody, client and counterparty.
As a skilled Senior Representative in the OTC Derivatives Support Team you will play a vital role helping us to automate the processes the team is performing daily and to provide the support to the existing tools/applications we are using. Key aspects of the role include:
- Building knowledge of the OTC Derivatives Support Team processes (trade capture, broker reconciliation, lifecycle management);
- Develop an understanding of all the technical functions and processes in the team;
- Providing support for legacy tools/applications by being the first line support, investigating issues and providing resolutions;
- Working on the new functionalities/tools being created/introduced to the team by being involved in their configuration, mapping and their adjustment to the team processes;
- Strive to improve standards within the team; adopt questioning approach to current methods and provide viable alternatives where possible;
- Provide support to the team if new tools/functionalities are being introduced to make sure the knowledge is spread across the team.
- University Degree;
- 1+ years of corporate experience, preferably in IT or finance related areas;
- Very confident computer user, comfortable learning new tools and programmes quickly;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other office programmes and an interest in enhancing these skills further;
- VBA knowledge;
- A results orientated individual who has a logical and analytical method of working;
- Ability to learn quickly and to grasp the intricacies of complex over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives;
- Ability to work on own initiative/project when required, as well as in the team;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated, reliable, well organised.
- Location: Aquarius Building ul. Swobodna 3;
- Competitive salary;
- Health & Life Insurance;
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary;
- Pension scheme;
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development;
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations;
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects;
- A collaborative culture and great teams.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70512
Organization: Glb Fund Accnt & Fund Admin-HR13984
Requisition Number: 1804118