BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Line of Business Risk Manager (EMEA Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipts)
- Reporting to the Senior Principle, Line of Business Risk Manager for Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts and EMEA Treasury Services, the successful applicant will be part of a global team of 12 risk professionals in the Business Risk team, and part of the broader matrixed EMEA and CSD Risk teams.
- This team is functionally independent from the Businesses and is therefore a second line of defence Risk Management team
- Responsible for the ongoing independent oversight and challenge of day-to-day risk management activities, client, product and process change risk assessments and risk reporting for EMEA Corporate Trust/Depositary Receipts. This includes ensuring that the Bank’s Operational Risk Management Framework is completely and consistently applied throughout the Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipts businesses (and associated CSD functions) in EMEA (through effective collaboration with CSD Risk professionals). The role has a particular focus on London Branch activities.
- Advise and assist the business lines with the evaluation of their existing processes and use extensive industry experience with risks that commonly arise to appropriately lead the business line's activities to address any control gaps. Apply vast experience with the businesses to anticipate, assess, monitor and report on operational, fiduciary, reputational, business and strategic risks inherent to EMEA CT/DRs, and with potentially broad consequences across other areas of the organization.
- Direct the businesses’ compliance with the Operational Risk Management Framework by identifying, assessing and mitigating risks, identifying emerging issues, contributing to the development of processes and controls to manage risks, monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, remediating deficiencies, monitoring and challenging business activities and enforcing business line awareness of and adherence to the risk management framework. (40% of role)
- Independently develop reporting on outputs of risk management activities completed. All reporting adheres to established Corporate Operational Risk Management (CORM) policies and procedures. (20% of role)
- Ensure the assigned business line's appropriate completion of all steps involved in the identification of possible risks during the creation or modification of new products and processes and all non-standard business acceptance events. Recommend modifications to reduce implementation risk and use strong influence with business line management to ensure compliance, risk and control documentation and notification of all appropriate representatives and regulators. (25% of role)
- Use established working relationships with the Risk Management, Compliance and Audit teams and members of the business line team to ensure timely completion of risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and implementation of improvements. Responsible for appropriately escalating issues to the Risk and Compliance management team.
- (15% of role)
- Identify material operational risks, assess the effectiveness of control design, and ensure that control gaps are closed. Ensure that this is completed in line with the Operational Risk Framework and policies (e.g. Product/Process modifications)
- Elevate, report and investigate errors, losses and near misses, overseeing the identification of root causes and the implementation of corrective actions and ensure that these are captured in the Risk Management platform in line with policy
- Produce routine Risk Reporting for senior management and governance committees compiling management information, and adding quantitative/qualitative risk analysis
- Review key risk indicators for coverage and effectiveness, oversee the identification of root causes for Red and Amber conditions and ensure implementation of corrective actions.
- Promote strong risk awareness, playing a role in further embedding conduct and culture within the EMEA lines of business.
- Act as a delegate for the Senior Principle Risk Manager, attending business, risk and governance committees as required.
- Foster relationships with multiple internal Stakeholders: Multiple Internal Stakeholders: Cross Line of Business, Regional and Functional within Risk Management, Line of Business Management, Internal/External Audit, Compliance, Legal and Product Management
Requirements: Qualifications, Experience and Training (or equivalent qualifiers):
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Some experience of audit and/or risk management in an established financial services or investment management organization or at a top tier accountancy firm with a specialization in financial industry engagements is beneficial.
- A proven background of Financial Services Industry is preferred
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Securities related services (Corporate Trust [preferred], Depository Receipts [preferred], Global Custody, Collateral Management, Fund Valuation, Fund Administration).
- Operational Risk or Advanced Operational Risk Qualifications [preferred].
- Key Job Skill set: Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent problem solving and analytical abilities, outstanding interpersonal skills and sound knowledge of the business areas within the team’s portfolio.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85173
Requisition Number: 1804142