BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Manager - International Onboarding
The Project Manager leads project teams consisting of representatives from Sales, Operations, Product Management and Systems responsible for implementing complex cash management solutions for external clients. This is a sole contributor role without people management responsibility on a day to day basis.
In addition to implementation projects for existing clients, the incumbent will ‘on-board” clients completely new to Treasury Services. Acclimate the client to BNYMellon’s terminology, conversion processes, tools and documentation. The Project Manager will be responsible for an analysis that defines the scope of the project and documents the work requirements. S/he will provide consulting on product features to assist the client in refining the best solution to meet their business needs. S/he will utilize project management tools to create a plan unique to each project and coordinate all internal and customer activities to successfully meet established project goals and target dates, mitigating reputation risk to the Corporation .The Project Manager is responsible for exceeding the expectations of customers as measured through established client surveys.
The position supports Sales in closing new business deals. The Project Manager will provide input into sales proposals (RFP responses) and participate on sales calls in order to help close deals.
The position supports the rollout of new product enhancements. The Project Manager will design, maintain, and train other employees on the Project Management tools and procedures used to implement products.
Lead New Business Implementation Projects
· ‘On-board’ new customers by orienting them to BNYMellon’s terminology, Implementation process, tools and documentation. This includes a review of the pertinent processes, Project Management tools, the Cash Management products and legal documentation.
· Lead multiple project initiatives at one time. Create and maintain Project Plans identifying critical-path activities. Create and maintain appropriate issues lists and other project documentation.
· Complete a Conversion Gap Analysis to define the scope of the project. Assist the client in finalizing the best solution to meet their requirements; develop and document the work requirements.
· Coordinate and monitor activities of a cross-functional team that includes the Customer, Sales, Product Management, Operations and Systems. Monitor and ensure successful completion of tasks, tracking and escalating issues as needed.
· Assume responsibility for the successful completion of multiple strategic development projects including client conversions, acquisitions and divestitures, with minimal direction.
· When applicable, perform technical mapping & file layout analysis; coordinate and monitor application and systemic testing. Develop technical test plans, create test decks, assist with the application testing, and perform a quality control check of the test file prior to transmission to the client.
Support New Business Development Initiatives
· Provide Operational and Technical expertise in the evaluation of new business opportunities.
· Participate in sales presentations, conference calls and provide input into Request For Proposal responses in support of winning new cash management business for Treasury Services
· Consult with prospects to understand, recommend and implement in the most effective Cash Management solution to meet their business requirements.
Contribute to Department Revenue targets
· Participate in cross-sell efforts to maximize revenues for Treasury Services
· Complete revenue-generating projects on time or in advance of forecasted date, accelerating Treasury Services revenue stream.
Provide Education and Consultation support
When assigned, contribute as a member of cross-functional teams established to develop and execute business line initiatives and strategies
· Provide leadership in the rollout of new technology platforms and/or enhancements to existing products. Develop implementation project management tools and processes, train staff on new procedures and product enhancements
· Provide training to less experienced personnel serving in a support capacity for more complex assignments.
Support Treasury Services Goals &Initiatives
· Participate in Process Improvement and Development initiatives and /or Task Forces with the goal of increasing revenue or decreasing expenses
· Lead the effort to develop and manage the implementation of enhancements/solutions through systemic and operational project initiatives
· Achieve top ratings in client satisfaction as measured through Post Implementation Surveys completed by Treasury Services clients
· Mitigate organizational and reputation risk by ensuring that all audit, quality control and compliance procedures are closely followed and project goals and targets are met.
A Bachelors Degree in a business related field or equivalent experience is required. Some education at the graduate level is preferred.
The qualified candidate is required to possess substantial experience in the Financial Services Industry, with a strong preference for experience in the cash management industry and experience of project management experience.
Strong project management, analytical, detail oriented, problem solving and multi tasking sills are essential.
Excellent written and verbal communication and documentation skills are needed for effective interactions with customers and peers.
In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate effective leadership skills with the ability to work independently and under pressure while adhering to strict deadlines.
The ability to manage expectations must be sharp to provide positive experience for the business and the client. A high degree of negotiation and organization skills are required to execute a project in a timely and accurate fashion.
Project management qualification essential.
Business fluency in a second European language is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon Treasury Services understands our clients face profound challenges as they move, access and apply their cash and associated business information on a global basis. Here's where BNY Mellon Treasury Services can help by blending our award-winning cash management and global payments services into customized solutions in three strategic areas: Supply chain management - Access a suite of receivables, payables and trade finance solutions that can help reduce costs, increase efficiency and strengthen control. Client Access and Liquidity Services - Active and passive cash investment strategies combined with innovative transaction and reporting tools. Global Payments Services - High-quality, 24-hour processing and customer service for international payments, enabling our clients to make cross-border payments anytime, anywhere in more than 100 currencies.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Customer/Client Service
Internal Jobcode: 70185
Organization: Global Client Support-HR12364
Requisition Number: 1804152