BNY Mellon Careers
Production Suppoprt Lead Manager, Appl Development – Oracle/DB2, Java, UNIX/LINUX
Lead Manager, Appl Development – Oracle/DB2, Java, UNIX/LINUX
Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for application support activities. Participates in defining the methodology of the department and plans management and software releases. Develops business plans and implements long range projects. Evaluates current application support methods and strategies, and oversees implementation of changes and improvements. Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas. Implements and leads Application Support strategic projects consistent with long-range IT plans. Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within the group. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or more application support teams.
· Good exposure and understanding of RDBMS concepts, Database (Oracle, DB2 etc), SQLs, Java based web development in Unix/Linux Environment, Shell Scripting, APIs and BXP Platform.
· Manage day to day activities that require coordination efforts across multiple bank technology and operations groups
· Support a collaborative approach with our business and other technology partners in managing technology including change, incident and problem management,
· Institutionalize problem management and root cause analysis best practices
· Coordinate and lead RCA sessions related to Priority 1 problems and as requested, Priority 2 problems
· Present root cause trends and individual investigation results to senior management as required
· Identify trends and patterns within the root cause findings and corrective actions to initiate proactive problem investigations and reduce stability issues
· Ensure all tasks have an auditable outcome that provides evidence of completion
· Provide ongoing oversight of all changes into environments, risk assessment and tracking of changes over their lifecycle.
· Coordinate production support incident response with technology and support/operations services teams.
· Build strong network with other technology groups and business partners
· Manages a small to medium sized group, multiple small teams, responsible to meet new and growing demands with a focus on stability/resiliency to meet Bank standards
· Act as mentor and coach to junior problem management staff
· Provide training as needed to IT staff
· Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
· Establishes and ensures compliance with bank policies and procedures for activities within the group.
· Team leadership in IT environments and the capability to interact successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
· High level of customer awareness and SLAs established
Manages a small to medium-sized team responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc. Manages the development of design requirements, designs, tests, documents and implements systems and programs. Manages staff in ensuring systems are developed to meet clients' business needs and expectations. Provides training in technical tools and skills, as well as specific applications and their business functions to Completes final testing for conformance to standards and adherence to design specifications. Manages the development of modifications as needed. Develops, enhances, and maintains quality application systems to support the client area. Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties. Encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions. Participates in the recruiting process, instructs, assigns, directs and reviews the work of other applications developers, prepares performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback. Manages a development team. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 8 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus, with a focus on vendor governance at least 2 years of experience managing and directing systems development or systems maintenance project teams, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45276
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1804193