BNY Mellon Careers
Global Fund Technology Accounting Business Analyst X 2
The Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs of the team members within specific projects and generally in relation to the Asset Management platform. The BA will then ensure together with the Project Manager, Operations and Third Party Service Providers, that the requirements are accurately translated, mapped and documented. The BA will be working across a range of projects complex and simple, and with a range of internal and external parties.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Operating Model inputs, outputs & deliverables
• Use company-wide requirements definition and management systems, and methodologies as required
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project manager
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
• Bring proposed solutions to successful implementation. Coordinating across functions and locations, working with clients (internal and external) and third party suppliers
• A strong background in business analysis, gained within the asset management/ fund operations sector
• Strong analytical and product management skills
• A thorough understanding of how to interpret and translate customer business needs and strategic priorities into tangible action plans
• The ability to communicate intricate issues to stakeholders at all levels in order to achieve buy-in for proposals for resolution
• Ability to work effectively in pressurized environments with effective prioritization, delegation and personal attention to task completion.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Experience of Fund Accounting a distinct advantage.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Cork-Cork
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 60169
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1804327