BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IM EMEA Controller- Investment Management
Point contact to the IM EMEA ExCo members with any matters related to finance, or ah-hoc MI or financial requests. This includes:
• Attendance and accountability to following committees
o Risk & Compliance
o Finance and Operations Committee, previously conducted through Finance Workshop with CEO and other ExCo members
• Board and Governance activities
o Attend following board meetings IM EMEA, MFM, SwissCo and MGM plus related branches of IM EMEA
o Support of year-end statutory audit and legal entity reporting matters
Provide first class financial and operational MI to LOB Management
• Develop institutional, wholesale and executive business division reporting
• Develop non-financial metrics to ascertain relative efficiencies of each part of the business
• Provide department heads with cost centre reporting which enables them to manage their individual expenditures in line with IM EMEA's overall strategy
• Become a key stakeholder with the project teams to provide financial support to strategic initiative modelling
Supporting IM EMEA Group reporting
• Support IM EMEA Group reporting in their Management Information requests
• Own and review monthly revenue forecasts
• Own and review monthly headcount and other expense forecasts
• Review commentary of major variances against prior forecast and plan
• Own the provision of financial information for IM EMEA
• Review causes of significant variances vs forecast, plan and prior month.
• Review the accuracy of the commentary provided by revenue and cost analysts and collaborate with the CAO group to strive for best practice accounting
Annual plan process
• Work with department heads to derive a new business plan for the following year
• Meet with cost centre managers to discuss expenses changes for the forthcoming year
• Work with HR to co-ordinate new staffing hires for following year
• Prepare detailed plan review packs to illustrate following years financials to senior management
Support of Global Distribution and other finance teams
• Global distribution support
o Report into and support of the Global Distribution CFO when required
o Strategy related matters
• Be main point of contact for all IM EMEA queries from the Central IM finance group
• Support any requests from central finance and the CAO group in relation to IM EMEA financials
Internal Capital Adequacy reporting and Liquidity Monitoring
• Manage the financial aspects of the IM EMEA capital adequacy and liquidity policies
• Head Office returns and reports as required
• Ad hoc projects as requested
Staff Supervision/ Leader
• Manage and develop of staff, including 1 London, 1 Manchester and 1 Chennai (dedicated support)
• Team development and build out a new team
• Finance workshops and team meetings
• Candidate should hold a professional accounting qualification
• Candidate must have experience of dealing with all levels of management
• Candidate must be comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Candidates must possess excellent systems skills (in particular advanced excel knowledge)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 32623
Requisition Number: 1804377