BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Hedge Fund Accounting (Assistant Manager)
Lead Analyst is operationally responsible for Analysts and Senior Analysts in a group. Provides on-going support to the Fund Accounting Manager in co-ordination and review of accounting operations, including all relevant controls of the department . Manages staff, deals with issues as they arise, and is responsible for the training and development of his/her team.
The Lead Analyst is responsible for ensuring that all daily and ad hoc client requirements are met.
· He/she ensures the correct calculation of Net Asset Values within the group, and ensures that all reporting and control requirements are met.
· Preparation of semi-annual and annual financial statements within given deadlines.
· Liases with auditors on annual accounts.
· Reviews financial statements, expense analysis, budget reviews, monthly client reports, etc., before passing on to the Fund Accounting Manager. Effectively manages any ad hoc projects
· In addition to accounting responsibilities, he/she must develop a good working relationship within the team, and deal with all staff issues, to include - attendance monitoring, assignment of work tasks and training. He/she must ensure adequate cover at all times.
· Ensures that all staff receives adequate training. Acts as a coach/mentor for new staff on the Introductory Training classes, and provides tutorials and assistance as required
· Is responsible for ensuring that staff has a clear development plan and that training and development actions are met. Communicates regularly with Fund Accounting Manager on staff potential and training requirements
· Records and monitors attendance
· Carries out performance reviews in conjunction with Fund Accounting Manager
· Ensures that there is a good working atmosphere within the group and resolves all issues as they arise, but where necessary refers to the Fund Accounting Manager for advice.
· Has displayed a detailed knowledge of, and ability to verify all system functions to include: Trades (equities, fixed income, money markets and derivatives), Master add and update, Cash processing, Sets-up and maintains expense processing
· Report requests, options and adaptability
· Fundshare processing
· Corporate actions
· General ledger and subsidiary G/L functions
· Understands principles and treatments of multi-class and master feeder funds.
· Knowledge of all error correction procedures to include, trade deletes updates, additions, dividends, corporate actions, master updates.
· Knowledge of pricing procedure, including autopricing, manual pricing, overrides, variance analysis and back-up, NAV unlocking and calculation, multi-class reconciliation and allocations.
· Aware of when assistance is required from the conversions team
· Ensures that all NAVs, financial statements, and internal controls are implemented and checked, to include:
· Financial statements preparation, to include schedule of investments, statement of operations/balance sheet, and notes to financial statements.
· Detailed knowledge of the general ledger.
· Understands, appreciates and oversees the implementation of internal controls, to include - cost control, cash reconciliation, custody reconciliation, movement proof, income checksheet, pricing and price variance monitoring, expense accruals, corporate action checksheet, general ledger verification, yield checksheet, investment restriction checklist, back up pricing, cost roll forwards, monthly custody reconciliation, aged analysis and expense analysis.
· Oversees the production and correction of monthly audit schedules.
· Understands all of the financial instruments on the funds under his/her supervision. This includes:
· The market movements, pricing sources and interest rate / yield effects.
· Knowledge of fund restrictions and fund holdings.
· Appreciation of income which derives from securities.
· Understanding of pricing methods and prospectus / pricing policy document requirements.
· Understanding of foreign exchange interaction with securities.
· Understanding of corporate action theory, processing and expected market return.
Legal & Regulatory
· Understands the background to the funds under his/her supervision in terms of legal rules and regulations.
· Understands the role of the administrator, custodian, trustee, advisor and auditor, Understanding and carries out a regular review of the Red Book.
· Prepares and reviews Central Bank returns.
Tone from the Top - Ensure that a strong risk management and governance culture is embedded within the Business Unit by promoting the ‘Three Lines of Defence’ model (by working collaboratively with the Second and Third Lines of Defence to identify risks, conduct root-cause analysis, implement remediation activities and to communicate lessons-learned findings) and by developing and implementing strong risk practices across the Business Unit (including the use of the RCSA as the key management tool to actively manage risk within the Business Unit).
Risk Competence & Knowledge - Understand the key operational risks and the associated controls applicable to the Business Unit and, through oversight, ensure that operating procedures and other directive controls (eg. checklists) are maintained on a regular basis to ensure that they are adequately designed, continue to be an effective risk management tool and are being used as required.
Accountability - Ensure that risk issues (both current and emerging) are escalated promptly to managers, including:
a) Gaps or issues identified within the Business Unit controls;
b) Errors or potential errors/near-misses;
c) Other risk issues (including non-responses to queries, manual process intervention).
· Fluency in English is essential.
· At least 4 years work experience in the funds administration business or similar industry.
· Educated to Masters or degree level in Finance or similar, professional field.
· Knowledge of accounting requirements for a wide range of financial instruments.
· Knowledge of InvestOne, Bloomberg, Excel, Internet, Custody, Inform and Reuters.
· Report writing ability, with a high attention to detail.
· Experience of managing, supervising and developing others.
· Strong initiative and enthusiasm with an ability to set and achieve challenging goals.
· High level of accuracy and professionalism.
· Strong organisational, inter-personal and communication skills.
· Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70508
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1804470