BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Specialist - Financial Planning & Analysis
This will report directly to the EMEA & APAC Markets CFO. S/he will be a key Finance Business Partner, supporting the EMEA Foreign Exchange and Fixed Income & Equity businesses. The main responsibilities will be:
• Monthly management reporting and variance analysis for the EMEA FX and the Fixed Income & Equity businesses. The pack production is actually carried out in the GDC and so, this role is responsible for managing the GDC to ensure that the pack is produced on time and to the required standard
• Co-ordination of month end flash reporting between day+3 and day +5. This is working very closely with the Legal Entity Controller and the Global Finance teams
• Production of the Monthly EMEA Markets pack
• Presentation of financial results at monthly Financial Reviews and Operating Committees as appropriate
• Co-ordination of Annual operating plan and quarterly reforecast – working closely with the global Finance teams
• Financial analysis of all new business initiatives/product expansion
• Financial analysis of the impact of regulatory changes on the businesses
• Work closely with the Legal Entity Controller, Tax and Corporate Treasury teams to ensure that the impact of Markets activities across the whole of the Finance function is understood
Job Specific Competencies:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent time management and organisation skills, as well as the ability to deliver against tight timelines
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to build effective working relationships with the business managers in the EMEA FX and Fixed Income & Equity businesses
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge:
• Excellent IT skills including intermediate to advanced MS Excel
• Financial Services sector experience preferred
• Part Qualified / Qualified ACCA/CIMA accountant with at least 5 years PQE in a commercial environment – ideally within Financial Services
• Strong academic background
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85069
Requisition Number: 1804486