BNY Mellon Careers
Tax & Control Manager
The Poland Tax & Control Accountant will acts as an internal control manager for the Poland finance department and as the key Corporation Tax legal specialist. Main responsibilities include maintenance of a strong internal control framework for the finance department, as well as responsibility for legal entity’s CIT computation.
1. Control Activities
Responsibility for maintaining the internal control framework of the Polish Finance team, including:
• Ensuring up to date procedures are in place for all Finance activities
• Maintaining risk tracking documentation, including Risk Control Self-Assessment
• Preparation of Management Information reports and KPI tracking
• Independent testing of key controls, including systems access reviews and quality assurance checks
• Ensure compliance with all BNYM accounting policies and procedures
• Coordinate with EMEA Control Managers to develop consistent processes
2. Sox/Internal Audit reporting
Act as the coordination point for Poland Finance interaction with the Sox and Internal Audit teams
• Coordinate information requests
• Coordinate actions to address deficiencies
3. Tax reporting
Responsibility for day to day tax affairs of Polish LE, under direction of BNYM Group Tax team, including:
• Computation of CIT for LE
• Oversight of WHT reporting
• Submit tax returns and payments for CIT and WHT as required
• Monitoring of changes to Polish tax and implementation of resulting processes/controls
• Coordination of tax audits as required
• Oversight of Transfer Pricing process, including coordination of documentation, such as benchmarking analysis for Poland
• Implementation of records management and retention processes for Poland Finance
• Management of the Business Continuity process, including documentation and testing
• Participate in ad hoc projects, as required
Knowledge of accounting practices with a strong focus on internal controls
Knowledge of Polish Corporation Tax and Withholding Tax regulations, experience in Transfer Pricing
5 year University in Economics
5-7 years of experience in tax or auditing functions
International shared service environment, preferably finance or audit
Minimum language skills:
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85084
Requisition Number: 1804493