BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Facilities Management and Operations
The Technical Services Manager will:
• Ensure the effective stability of infrastructure systems and the BNYM internal environment
• Ensure the effective use of resources such that the services fully support the business requirements
• Act as a technical expert advisor and management resource for all offices in EMEA and APAC, including India.
• Ensure all works comply with all regulatory and internal law and policy, and ensure that all health and safety practices in the working environment are not compromised.
• Oversee the implementation of planned preventative and corrective maintenance regimes and associated activities
• Ensure that all works comply with all relevant Codes of Practice and Statutory Regulations together with BNYM own safety regulations, policies and procedures.
• Participate as a member of the wider GS&GRE management team to support positive outcomes for GS&GRE and its clients globally
• Plan and oversee delivery of all Capital works in relation to building infrastructure, and developing life-cycle plans and strategic planning in relation to physical assets, critical systems, and energy management programmes.
• Participate as a member of the relevant committees/expert teams to support Disaster Recovery and Business Contingency Planning
• Participate in and oversee relevant energy-related Sustainability initiatives, and support and guide on Sustainability activity in general for the portfolio. This includes oversight of all energy use and related activity on a cross-regional basis for all locations.
• Ensure budget processes for capital expense spend are delivered effectively, budget plans are met and cost effective services delivered. This includes financial reporting where appropriate
• Manage and co-ordinate change control systems and processes to support IT-related works
• A minimum of HNC/Degree in mechanical and electrical engineering (or equivalent)
• Expert practical knowledge of Data Centre and office environments; Managing all HVAC systems; and, utilities.
• A recognised industry OH&S qualification, such as IOSH or NEBOSH.
• Proven delivery in project managing complex services in a live office environment is essential
• Excellent knowledge of buildings services; utilities; and Infrastructure
The role is a full time, permanent position. The TSM will also be expected to support out-of-hours/weekend activities if so called upon, either as part of “business as usual” or in a business continuity or disaster recovery situation.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Facilities Management
Internal Jobcode: 85342
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 1804532