BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
OTC Derivative Pricing Analyst - Intermediate Rep,Data Management Quant Analysis
Data Management and Quantitative Analysis - S3
Derivative Valuations is a centralised global utility that support a number of functions across various business lines. We are responsible for valuing OTC derivative assets for inclusion in;
The NAV production process for mutual and hedge fund accounting teams in Europe, India and across several US locations.
The valuation of pension funds for global companies based in Europe and the US.
Driving margin calls as part of our collateral management business.
Regulatory reporting and risk analysis by the bank and our clients.
We are a centre of excellence in the OTC Derivative space and provide opportunities to gain considerable training and development across a range of functions, while benefitting from exposure to the wider NAV production process.
We currently have 60+ people in permanent roles in Dublin, Poland, New York, Boston and India. The group continues to grow as we take on new business and additional responsibilities.
As part of BNY Mellon Client Service Delivery department, the Derivatives Business Unit is required to:
Review the daily pricing of OTC assets, manual price input and price exception validation review for a variety of clients.
Understand the theoretical/technical nature of all OTC securities and the data required for accurate calculation of OTC positions.
Provide oversight for global departments: ensure an excellent service standard, maintain a flow of communication, build relationships and continuously manage workflow between onshore and offshore locations.
Suggest improvements to processes and taking ownership of service provided to clients.
Deliver work within a tight, deadline driven environment.
Manage the take-on of new clients, this will involve working with both the client and various internal departments – Trade Capture, Fund Accounting, Reconciliations etc.
Invested in your development:
An environment where you will develop sound technical knowledge of a variety of derivative products, including vendor and broker pricing, corporate events and security master creation and maintenance.
Project management skills.
Exposure to major global financial institutions.
A fast paced environment which offers ability to develop and progress within the company.
Intermediate Rep Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, compiles, synthesizes and reports on the Banks or market data sources.
- Provides support with access, maintenance and security activities.
- May manage moderately complex databases, feeds, etc. and assists with data sources.
- Conducts preliminary, basic calculations for more senior colleagues and helps develop reports.
- With minimal guidance, supports day-to-day data management activities.
- Monitors data feeds and performs data scrubbing for the Data Management and Quantitative Analysis team.
- Identifies and documents violations, exceptions, or occurrences exceeding tolerance thresholds.
- Adds and maintains data on the Banks systems, inputs and verifies accuracy of information.
- Reviews information entered by more junior team members.
- May test software enhancements and upgrades as necessary.
- Monitors moderately complex databases and spreadsheets.
- Performs basic calculations, initiates the execution of data modelling programs and prepares initial drafts of simple charts, graphs or reports.
- Provides information based on data-related questions from internal and external clients and may help provide solutions.
- Ensures that all customer responses are thoroughly documented and verified.
- No direct reports.
- May provide guidance to more junior roles.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred Majors:
- 2-3 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in the financial industry preferred but not essential.
What we are looking for:
Enthusiastic graduates with Degrees or Masters in Finance, Maths, Business and Engineering.
Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic would be beneficial but not essential.
Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Internal Jobcode: 70129
Organization: Derivatives MO & RBS-HR14453
Requisition Number: 1804548