BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Representative, Tax Reporting & Compliance with German
The Tax Controller is responsible for ensuring that the team process all tasks around the German withholding tax, based on income from financial assets in accordance with market and the Bank’s best practices, in order to provide a high quality service, minimize risk to the organization and guard against any financial or reputational loss.
- Back-office cooperation with the part of the team located in Frankfurt which is responsible for filing of tax reclaims with the German Tax Authority and support with clarification of pending or rejected tax reclaims with the GTA.
- Preparation and reporting of the monthly statistic figures (regularly returning activities).
- Undertaking of the bookings in connection with the Paying Agent process for our clients for which we are acting as paying agent. Handling of all existing, income related reports for transactions which are liable to the German withholding tax.
- Preparation of the monthly tax report.
- Ensure all German withholding tax are fully reconciled prior to deadlines and ensuring that any discrepancies are investigated by the team. Escalating to the Coordinator / Team Leader / Group Manager reconciliations that are at risk of missing the deadline.
- Monitoring and clearance of all German withholding tax exceptions and exception management queues.
- Facilitate the day-to-day workflow within the team to ensure effective workload balancing between teams and taking into account the complexity of the tasks around the German withholding tax
- Ensure that departmental controls, checklists and procedures are adhered to by all team members.
- Liaise with the query team, client services and other internal departments to ensure queries are responded to, thereby ensuring that internal and external client satisfaction is maintained.
- Very good German (B2/C1 = upper-intermediate/advanced)
- Very good English (B2/C1 = upper-intermediate/advanced)
- 0-1 year of working experience in finance-related area or in another multi-nationals company
- Familiarity with Office products (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point).
- Risk awareness
- Good self-organization and time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative and flexibility regarding various work assignments
- Attention to detail
What we can offer you:
· Full time contract of employment.
· Location: Aquarius Building ul. Swobodna 3.
· Competitive salary.
· Health & Life Insurance.
· Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary.
· Pension scheme.
· Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development.
· Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations.
· A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects.
· A collaborative culture and great teams.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I
hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of
recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission
of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to
correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997
(Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process
my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.- BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom. Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70597
Organization: Client Activation-HR16352
Requisition Number: 1804603