BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal, Business Risk – Operational Risk Manager for BNY Mellon SA/NV
The primary remit of the BNY Mellon SA/NV Legal Entity Risk Office (LERO) is to ensure all BNY Mellon SA/NV governance bodies have the necessary risk information and advice required for effective risk management, issue analysis and strategic decision making. The LERO team are a second line of defense team who provide oversight and challenge to the Legal Entity, maintaining effective dialogue with a wide range of stakeholders across the BNYM in order to deliver a series of BNY Mellon SA/NV focused high quality routine and ad hoc risk reporting and analysis, as well as continuous improvement risk management projects .
Responsible for setting the BNY Mellon SA/NV operational and enterprise risk management framework and developing supporting processes and tools, aligned with BNYM Group framework and methodologies. Provides delivery of significant risk function BAU processes and delivers change and risk-remediation projects when needed. Oversees and manages risk governance and reporting.
The Principal, Business Risk, is responsible for the ongoing independent oversight and challenge of day-to-day risk management activities, client, product and process change risk assessments and risk reporting for BNY Mellon SA/NV. Uses strong familiarity with the business line risk managers to anticipate, assess, monitor and report on operational, fiduciary, reputational, business and strategic risks inherent to the assigned business line.
The person will join the team responsible to:
· Oversee Business Risk Committees, including product acceptance, line of business risk profile and top risks. This covers Business Acceptance Committee (BAC) meetings for Assets Servicing (incl. AIS), Corporate Trust, Markets (as servicing entity) and Corporate Treasury.
· Coordinate Legal Entity part of the New Product Approval process and New Transformation Process before documents may be presented to SA/NV RMC.
· Oversee BAC acceptances, especially when legal deviation may affect Legal Entity Risk appetite or when business volumes create material risk level for the Legal Entity. This covers BAC meetings for - Assets Servicing (incl. AIS), Corporate Trust, Markets (as servicing entity) and Corporate Treasury.
· Monitor Operational Risk including:
- regulatory risk;
- fraud risk;
- Outsourcing Risk;
- Technology risk, cyber risk, information security risk
The primary responsibilities include:
· Continuously develop and improve operational risk management frameworks, supporting processes and tools.
· Deliver effective risk oversight to European Bank over Lines of Business contracted through or serviced by European Bank.
· Provide effective governance and oversight, eg for regulatory initiatives and audit findings.
· Provide effective risk management information reporting at a Legal Entity and regional level.
· Deliver oversight for BAU Risk function operational and significant Risk function change and remediation, leading, project managing and overseeing delivery of key initiatives.
· Participate to European Bank Risk Management Committee.
· Directs the assigned business unit's compliance with the Operational Risk Management Framework by identifying, assessing and mitigating risks, identifying emerging issues, contributing to the development of processes and controls to manage risks, monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, remediating deficiencies, monitoring and challenging business activities and enforcing business line awareness of and adherence to the risk management framework.
· Independently develops reporting on outputs of risk management activities completed. All reporting adheres to established Corporate Operational Risk Management policies and procedures.
· Ensures the appropriate completion of all steps involved in the identification of possible risks during the creation or modification of new products and processes and all non-standard business acceptance events. Recommends modifications to reduce implementation risk and uses strong influence with business line management to ensure compliance, risk and control documentation and notification of all appropriate representatives and regulators.
· Uses established working relationships with the Risk Management, Compliance and Audit teams and members of the business line team to ensure timely completion of risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and implementation of improvements. Responsible for appropriately escalating issues to the Risk and Compliance management team and to European Bank CRO.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Master’s degree or professional qualification in Risk Management preferred.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in Operational Risk, or Operations/Audit in Financial services with strong interest in Risk Management preferred.
- Analytical Thinking, ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a systematic step-by-step manner.
- Problem Solving, building a logical approach to resolve problems or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Work Quality, ability to demonstrate attention to detail to achieve quality results.
- Planning and Organising, establishing a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure consistent accomplishment of specific objectives.
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, strong capacity to interact with different stakeholders
- Fluent in oral and written English
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Internal Jobcode: 85173
Requisition Number: 1804655