BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Recovery Analyst
- Coordinates activities required in the creation and maintenance of the Banks business continuity processes. Manages/maintains the divisional data and processes to make sure that deliverables are cascaded out to various recovery teams/owners and that all deadlines are met. Reviews and reports on the organizations repository for business continuity and follows up with constituency to confirm completion and escalates outstanding items as necessary.
- Identifies and understands all pertinent BC policies and assists in the creation/development of procedures as they aligned to specific internal technology divisions. Coordinates the development of procedures for contingency planning and recovery simulation testing.
- Assist in the evaluation, selection and tracking of disaster recovery tools, equipment and alternative recovery sites. Assists in the ongoing development and tracking of vendors and offshore teams and how they interact with existing onshore technology teams.
- Develops disaster recovery scenarios and contingency plans for distributed, Mainframe systems, networks and locations remote to the corporate headquarters. Coordinates all activities during disaster recovery testing or in the event of an actual disaster. Assists in the ongoing development and testing of critical business services by working with all business owners and tech teams to drive through to completion.
- Oversees and runs various projects associated with existing and new initiatives pertaining to the business continuity processes within the organization. Also responsible for the reconcilement of application inventory, tracking of all deliverables and follow-up of the processes.
- Experience managing/working with BR Plans.
- General experience in Business Continuity.
- Exposure/experience with BNY Mellon Systems would be helpful.
- Project Management.
- Business Continuity certifications helpful but not necessary.
- Procedure writing experience.
- Willingness to learn and assist with reconcilement/tracking of deliverables.
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required. 4-6 years of experience in business/disaster recovery required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45094
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1804712