BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Systems Solutions Analyst
The candidate will be working as part of a global change and support team leading in the Solutions analysis, design, testing and strategy for Regulatory Reporting. S/he will be working very closely with the functional (systems & reporting) teams along with IT. S/he must be capable of understanding and interpreting business users needs in order to translate them into requirements for systems development but also in aligning solutions towards an overall strategic agenda, and ensuring the portfolio of change is designed and overseen in accordance with that.
S/he will need to possess strong leadership, conceptual, analytical and creative problem solving skills, in order to oversee and quality check transformation of requirements into design solutions and to identify system/business wide issues the business may encounter as we add to and amend our complex reporting infrastructure.
S/he will need to be able to oversee documentation of process flows and data flows, to support requirements and impacts to reporting processes and resolve complex business issues.
Working closely with our developers, cross functional teams and vendors alike this position will play a key role in developing the future EMEA regulatory reporting systems and data strategy
• Have excellent analytical, conceptual, communication, presentation and networking skills
• Have ability to solve complex and difficult problems and to work autonomously on diverse range of assignments.
• Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Generation and control of an EMEA Regulatory reporting strategic plan (aligned to global plan)
• Generation of systems and data related solutions to meet new regulatory reporting requirements
• Lead business analysts, regulatory reporting analysts, and Technology to document and understand changes in data flows
• Analyse business workflows to identify opportunities for automation and synergies across EMEA regulatory reporting
• Manage Business Analysts, regulatory reporting teams, and project team to develop requirements, designs and test plans
• Guide project team to implement testing and support regulatory reporting team in the identification of issues. Where appropriate formulate remediation options and suggest strategies.
• Document all key issues, findings and decisions in support for project documentation
• Global Acumen - Developing and incorporating an understanding of the competitive global business environment as well as an awareness of economic, social and political trends that impact the organization global strategy
• Establishing Strategic Direction - Establishing and committing to a long-range course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after analyzing factual information and assumptions taking into consideration resources, constraints and organizational values.
• Developing Strategic Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners)
• Change Leadership - Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities.
• Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results.
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
• Strategic vision
• Strong stakeholder Management skills and ability to influence multiple players
• Ability to implement and oversee governance and control processes (to maintain integrity of agreed strategy)
• Strong problem solving skills
• Team Leadership experience - circa 3 permanent staff supplemented by contract support when necessary
• Senior Systems Analyst with 10 years financial services projects experience
• 7 to 10 years working in financial services industry and 3 to 4 years prior exposure and experience in providing production support on vendor and/or in house financial systems application
• Advanced Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting and associated systems
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies and business concepts.
• Authored typical systems development life cycle documents in the past such as business and functional requirements.
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong SQL skills
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70268
Requisition Number: 1804715