BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The candidate will be working as part of a European based Change team to develop, analyse and document the business requirements to standardise the use of financial and regulatory reporting systems for BNY Mellon‘s operations in EMEA.
The candidate will be working very closely with the functional (systems & reporting) teams. S/he must be capable of understanding and interpreting business users needs in order to translate into requirements for systems development. S/he will need to possess strong analytical and creative problem solving skills, and oversee the interpretation of those requirements into design solutions and to identify risk and issues users may encounter in performing calculation processing and report preparation. S/he will need to be able to document process flows and data flows, to support requirements and impacts to reporting processes and resolve complex business issues.
• Elicit business requirements from business users and subject matter experts
• Define and document requirements, write functional specifications, and perform business process design in conjunction with Regulatory Reporting Change Team, Manchester Service Center Team, Finance IT, and regulatory reporting teams across EMEA: Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, and United Kingdom.
• Conduct staff interview to document current state, analyze and interpret data sources for identified reports in order detailed business and process requirements.
• Determine current reporting recipients, benefits, and criticality as part of opportunity assessments.
• Work with ‘change the bank’ team to identify list of opportunities based on interviews and assessments of current state and document a project plan.
• Work with all required functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. As part of this they may coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
• Business Analyst with previous exposure to financial services projects
• Preferred experience of Testing management and oversight to ensure integrity of implementing solution against the agreed requirements
• 5 to 7 years working in financial services industry and 3 to 4 years prior exposure and experience in providing production support on vendor and/or in house financial systems application
• Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting and associated systems (Wolters Kluwer preferably)
• Strong experience querying and working with large data sets.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies and business concepts.
• Authored typical systems development life cycle documents in the past such as business and functional requirements.
• Strong Excel skills
• Effective in managing diverse teams and stakeholders.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70270
Requisition Number: 1804717