BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Technology Risk Specialist
The Senior Technology Risk Specialist is a second line of defence role within the Technology Project Risk Oversight team that is part of the larger Technology Risk and Compliance team providing independent second line of defence oversight and monitoring on first line activities, on the top transformation technology projects across the Company. The role is a part of the global Technology Project Risk Oversight team and reports into a London-based Technology Risk Director.
The Technology Project Risk Oversight team provides:
• A technology risk evaluation and management methodology and framework for BNY Mellon’s top transformational investment global technology projects and other high risk initiatives
• Intelligent Technology Project Risk Assurance through the program and project lifecycle
• Decision makers and project teams with essential insight and guidance into information risk, enabling more fully informed decisions to be made
• Senior stakeholder with a broad perspective into the health and management of these key projects and the technology both being used and proposed as part of the Technology Project Risk Oversight team the Senior Technology Risk Specialist:
• Drives the enforcement and interpretation of BNY Mellon information risk policies and standards and collaborates with other subject matter experts to determine business/project impact. Reviews internal and external IT projects and applications for risk issues and ensures adherence to security policies and industry best practices and security controls
• Contributes to development of technology at the bank by driving and supporting the development of strategic program elements and providing input to risk prioritization, including the development and implementation of key metrics (KRIs, KPIs)
• S/he must have detailed knowledge and understanding of meeting operational and technical information security and risk compliance requirements within a complex regulatory environment.
QualificationsSignificant experience in one or more financial industry risk, compliance, control and governance disciplines
• In-depth understanding of information security principles and best practices across the industry as well as project management principles
• Strong stakeholder management, relationship-building, collaboration and presentational capabilities
• Ability to manage through highly sensitive situations with highest level of discretion
• Experience of carrying out risk reviews, technology audits or other similar work
• A strong understanding of residual risk and risk mitigation Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) required, additional security certifications advantageous e.g. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified in Risk Information Security Control (CRISC), Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
• Proven experience of project management on the basis of an industry standard methodology - a Project Management qualification an advantage (PMI or Prince)
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes. Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.- BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 32946
Organization: Technology Risk Mgmt-HR06032
Requisition Number: 1804764