BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Specialist, Credit Risk - 6 month FTC
The Global Financial Services Credit team in London is responsible for managing the company’s non-bank financial institution (NBFI) credit portfolio outside of the US, comprising insurance companies, broker/dealers, investment banks, central clearing counterparties and regulated funds. The team works closely with London, New York and Asia based colleagues to develop and structure credit relationships with these entities in support of the overall BNY Mellon client relationship.
The Senior Specialist will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and assuming all related credit responsibilities, including structuring and proposing credit limits, negotiating related documentation and ongoing portfolio management. The role will include financial statement credit analysis and review of other metrics and data.
Reports to the manager of the Global Financial Services Credit team in London.
- Counterparty credit analysis of global NBFI counterparties and prospects supporting loan facilities, securities lending and repo transactions, intraday facilities in relation to collateral management, foreign exchange hedging, custody related securities settlement and clearing credit products.
- Credit request structuring and approval through the relevant portfolio manager.
- Term sheet and closing documentation negotiation.
- Preparing ad-hoc financial and documentary reviews.
- Assigning counterparty risk ratings and ensuring the credit quality of the Bank’s counterparties is accurately reflected in appropriate systems.
- Work closely with relevant business sectors, relationship managers and external clients to monitor the portfolio on an ongoing basis.
- Ad-hoc trading and credit approvals and ongoing portfolio administration.
- Previous experience in NBFI (non banking financial institutions) counterparty credit risk.
- Education to at least degree level, preferably in finance, accounting or quantitative discipline. CFA or MBA also advantageous.
- Formal credit training within a major financial institution preferable. Experience of the insurance sector preferred, but not required.
- Broad knowledge of the securities industry and related banking products to include collateral management, securities lending and repurchase transactions, custody and clearing and related intraday and overnight credit support facilities.
- Ability to effectively and confidently interact with external clients, BNY Mellon business partner groups and the internal credit hierarchy is expected. The candidate should display strong credit judgment including knowledge of industry dynamics and risks as well as the macro economic factors affecting our client base.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Formal writing style with the ability to appropriately articulate complex topics.
- Experience of ISDA-CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, custody, clearing and loan documentation negotiation preferable.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize, producing accurate and timely work under pressure is essential.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85148
Requisition Number: 1804770