BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Human Resources Business Partner - Wealth Management
JOB DESCRIPTION:Reporting to the Head of Wealth Management, the Senior HRBP is responsible for leading the strategic HR function for one or multiple business lines within Wealth Management. This role serves as an active partner of the business’s senior management team and is responsible for updates to senior management as well as senior HR management, keeping all parties abreast on a proactive basis, of all HR, legal, policy, or employee relations matters that may impact BNY Mellon's interests. The Senior HRBP leads, coordinates and/or implements the best practice application of HR policies and procedures throughout the lines of business for which he/she has responsibility, and maintains overall implementation and management of HR policies throughout those lines of business. The Senior HRBP may manage another HRPB(s). Responsibilities:
- Act as a strategic business partner with senior clients (e.g. business leaders and their directs) to understand organization’s business strategies and align human resource strategy and programs to achieve the business goals, including alignment of succession planning, leadership development, resource planning, talent acquisition, compensation and performance management.
- Collaborate with other members of HR Team to implement the HR strategy, including representing client’s business strategy and expectations, representing Human Resources to the business leaders, and reconciling issues that create conflict between Human Resources and business unit strategy.
- Ensure senior management team, as well as Head of HR, other relevant senior HR professionals, are kept abreast of evolving client and employee matters (market practices, compensation, ER and other HRM matters) on a timely, regular basis.
- Work with Talent & Organizational Development HR colleagues and the Investment Management Talent Lead with the on-going integration of BNY Mellon's Performance Management and Succession Management processes.
- Partner with the IM Talent Acquisition partners to manage all recruitment activities, at all levels of management and staff, including proactive gathering of intelligence relevant to BNY Mellon's ability to successfully attract and retain all levels of employees utilizing the internal on line tools.
- Fully integrate performance management strategies to underpin effective retention and succession management activities.
- Assist in the design, development, communication and implementation of local compensation, incentive plans, in line with corporate guidance, policy and local business requirements.
- Actively champion BNY Mellon’s Employee Engagement and Diversity imperatives.
- Implement corporate HR initiatives, tailored appropriately to local requirements.
- Flawlessly execute fundamental competencies - ensure completed team work is accurate, timely, and displays well thought out reasoning and judgment.
- Demonstrate mature, sensitive and timely management of local ER issues.
- Exercise appropriate risk control while implementing HR processes that are cost effective, efficient and business focused.
- Responsible for the effective management of HR matters in accordance with corporate direction and guidance, as well as local legal, regulatory and employee relations requirements.
- Function as the Lead HR representative on LOB M&A activities.
Advanced Degree preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
10 years of progressive related experience with demonstrated knowledge of technical and legal aspects of HR; minimum 4 years of supervisory/management experience. Typically 5+ years of progressive related experience with demonstrated success in one of the following areas, supporting a sub-business or a site: Talent Management, organizational Design, Change Management, Workforce Planning, Talent Acquisition, or Total Rewards Planning
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree or certification preferred.
- Preferred 8-10 years of progressive related experience in strategic HRBP role, particularly within the financial services industry and ideally within Wealth Management
- Strategic business partner experienced in supporting and guiding the business/management in the areas of organizational development, compensation, talent acquisition and retention, performance management, and career development
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong overall business acumen and analytical skills with the ability to quickly grasp business issues and understand business strategy
- Interpersonal relations: particularly tact, sensitivity, professionalism, confidentiality and diplomacy
- Excellent project management skills and experience with a drive for results, and sense of urgency
- Minimum of 4 years of management/supervisory experience
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Human Resources is invested in helping BNY Mellon achieve business success by building a winning, high-performance culture that stems from great talent, leadership, learning and diversity; and partnering with employees to provide the tools and resources necessary to support successful career growth and help ensure employees' wellbeing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 33436
Job: Human Resources
Organization: HRBP IM MG-HR08345
Requisition Number: 1804811