BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Business Entity:
Investment Management (IM) is $4 billion+ revenue segment of Bank of New York Mellon, managing $1.9 Trillion of client assets from institutions such as pension plans and sovereign wealth funds to individuals. Investment Management operates under a multi-affiliate model with 10 affiliates each with their own investment philosophies and strategies.
The IM Financial Intelligence Group (FIG) is responsible for and understanding the firm’s financial growth and economics; how those compare against industry and competitors; and providing both relevant data and strategic financial advice to help the firm achieve sustainable financial growth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The analyst will support the team’s development of key performance indicators; financial models, and data delivery. The analyst will also take a supporting role in the creation of presentations for executives and Board of Director meetings.
· Analyze and report new and lost business, including products, client segments, trends vs industry.
· Research and analyze the firm’s sensitivity to various securities markets.
· Analyze and report on how the firm’s financial growth has been driven by the above and other business drivers.
· Identify efficient means to deliver data and metrics, working with technology and operations teams where needed.
· Provide support for developing financial models for forecasting, internal valuation testing, and regulatory stress testing.
· Provide support for the creation of presentation slides that articulate financial metrics and concepts to senior audiences.
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or business or the equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5 years of total work experience preferred; experience in financial planning and analysis preferred
Skills and Traits required:
• Understanding of accounting theory and financial theory. For example, how does revenue recognition differ under a cash vs accrual basis? Why might an investor value a company with negative earnings higher than a company with positive earnings?
• Ability to simplify complex problems and build solutions. For example, what is a simpler way to explain a particular subject? How can an existing process be simplified?
• Inclination towards Relationship Building and Collaboration across departments.
• High comfortability with Project Management of deliverables that may be dependent on receiving accurate information from multiple parties.
• Desire to research topics thoroughly and understand nuances.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85067
Requisition Number: 1804813