BNY Mellon Careers
Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Do you want to be on the front lines of cyber defense for a major financial institution? Track criminals, blast out Flash Cables to alert defenders and users, research and report on major cyber threat trends? We have a job for you!
BNY Mellon is invested in creating new opportunities for economic growth and progress. What does it mean to be invested? For more than 230 years we’ve continually invested in people and opportunities that open up new worlds. We are the engine that drives businesses, institutions and individuals forward. As America’s longest running financial institution, we’ve driven financial markets and helped our clients find opportunities for growth and progress around the world.
The BNY Mellon Cyber Threat Intelligence Group (CTIG), as a part of the Information Security Division (ISD), supports BNY Mellon’s global operations by helping detect and defend against cyber criminals and advanced threat groups, discovering and analyzing cyber threat information to produce actionable intelligence that enhances situational awareness of threats to the institution and its clients and enables the ISD to proactively adjust its defensive posture.
As the CTIG continues to grow and expand its geographic footprint, we are seeking motivated professionals to serve in Dublin, Ireland, and Singapore to support global cyber threat intelligence coverage. These professionals will conduct research into cyber threat actors, operations and technologies to create, both independently and as part of a team, analytic products to inform leadership and technology teams about emerging and evolving threats. A successful candidate will be able to craft high-quality written products targeted at audiences of varying levels of technical expertise and cyber awareness, as well as prepare and deliver cyber threat intelligence presentations to internal and external audiences.
· Identify new threat tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber threat actors.
· Publish actionable threat intelligence for business and technology management
· Create threat assessments to assist consumers in understanding their relevance to the enterprise along with potential impact
· Interface with other Cyber Operations teams (e.g., Incident Response, SOC)
· Acquire threat intelligence and technical indicators from external sources; develop tactical intelligence and technical indicators internally
· Interface with industry peers, government and law enforcement organizations as appropriate to acquire and share threat intelligence information
· Research, analyze, write and publish. Repeat as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree
· Industry certifications such as CISSP or SANS certifications a plus
· Significant experience in information security, including familiarity with multiple operating systems, platforms, and network protocols
· Experience in the securities or financial services industry a plus
· Experience in the Intelligence Community or law enforcement as an intelligence analyst a plus
· Intelligence analytical background and working knowledge of structured analytic techniques such as Analysis of Competing Hypotheses (ACH)
· Experience in analysis of large data sets for the purpose of identifying malicious activity
· Understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain and intelligence cycle
· Familiarity with open source research techniques and information sources
· Understanding of “advanced persistent threat” (APT) cyber threat actors to include tools, malware, and infrastructure used a plus
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Capable of self-sufficient and self-motivated work ensuring both high quality and timely delivery of finished intelligence products
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 45155
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1804973