BNY Mellon Careers
Major Incident Management - Lead Infrastructure Operations Analyst
Shifts: Mon – Fri 10 – 6pm (including US public/BH)
On-call: 1 in 6 weeks
DR Test: 1 each quarter
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Responsible for the delivery of the incident lifecycle from MIM engagement to resolution by leading the resolution for all significant event impacting incidents for the corporation. Commands, controls and directs incident bridge calls between technical SME’s, Senior Management (business and technology), ensures detailed incident status updates are provided both on-demand and periodically are provided on a timely and consistent basis.
Drives direction during the Incident Lifecycle ensuring recovery actions are identified and delivered within expected timescale. Instructs engineer and hierarchy escalation to be performed, advises and approves technology recovery actions to be performed.
Key responsibilities include:
· Liaise with technology mgt as focal point for all high priority & major incidents reported and acquire a good situational understanding of the status event including causes, recovery actions, impact and chronology.
· Actively manage resolver groups by driving them to employ a logical and methodical process to breakdown and isolate causes and recovery steps. Work with them to ensure steps are valid and follow a logical sequence.
· Drive group chats and bridge calls to ensure momentum of diagnosis and recovery.
· Provide support to, and participate in change control and problem management process.
· Send out executive alerts/communication mailers/status meetings. Focal point for incident status communication.
· Providing on-call / off-shift incident management support for critical issues affecting, or potentially affecting the production environment. As required by rotation and short notice if circumstances require including overnight and weekends.
· Mandatory support for quarterly DR events.
· Chair review calls with support and technology management.
· Ensure escalations get appropriate level of focus from technical team tech management, relationship managers, and business continuity.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate to associates within all levels of the organization.
· Ability to remain calm and confident in a rapidly changing environment and set priorities accordingly. Handle conflict situations and make quick decision while driving incidents. Confident dealing with staff at all levels and providing direction and instruction.
· Negotiation skills for de-conflicting issues, priorities with different support groups, overcoming obstacles.
· Proactive self-starter able to use and work on own initiative and good time management skills.
· Ability to multitask effectively under pressure.
Lead Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates and supports various mainframe, mid-frame, distributed, web, and PC operating systems and ancillary products. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests. Formulates plans to meet system performance objectives. Analyzes, implements, maintains, and documents system software installed in all environments. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Analyzes user hardware and software needs and recommends upgrades or new purchases. Installs, configures, and develops middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Leads the middleware team in providing more complex on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests submitted by all internal business partners at BNY Mellon. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 4 - 6 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Desired Knowledge, Experience, Training
· Knowledge and broad understanding of infrastructure technologies (Intel/Unix, Servers, Middleware, Email, Messaging Services, Networking)
· Job holder should ideally have experience of managing and supporting incidents with multiple support staff engaged.
· Has a background in infrastructure, application support within an enterprise environment.
· Professional IT qualifications from vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco, HP, Oracle an advantage.
· Experience of leading small teams or workgroups and advantage.
· Basic ITIL accreditation in incident and problem management an advantage.
· Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Somerset
Internal Jobcode: 45113
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1805013