BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Third Party Governance
Leading assigned workstreams to support the ongoing adoption and optimisation of the established Third party Governance program the role includes aspects of change and project management, operational activity, business partnering and contributions to regulatory responses. In short the role is a blend of project management capability and hands of operational ownership and delivery.
Key requirements are engagement with the TPG team, internal stakeholders and a supporting 3rd Party regarding aspects of the Third Party Governance Program (linking aspects of Procurement, Risk, Legal, Technology and Business activity to produce a single risk focussed approach for engaging third party vendors and BNY Mellon) and providing clear direction on current/upcoming activities, progress and targets.
Under limited direction, the person will need to own complex parts of a larger programme via a project management approach whilst also being tasked with some workstream ownership.
S/he must therefore be very well organized, have sound Project capabilities and have a good understanding of Supply Chain frameworks and preferably Third Party Governance / Risk programs.
A minimum of competence in the use of MS Office applications; e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point and be able to adapt quickly to become competent in the use of in house systems and applications is needed. S/he must demonstrate executive level communication and interpersonal skills to handle complex, sensitive and confidential issues. Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, preparing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
- To engage with Head of TPG Vendor to ensure that Third Party Governance activities are completed as required
- To develop and provide Project Management support for the Program and its activities as part of the broader TPG change management initiative
- To clearly understand the core principles of the program content and to become a workstream lead for agreed aspects of the programme (these will be based on experience / background)
- Preparation of Weekly / Monthly reporting material
- Track Risks / Issues Corrective Actions, Issues and Events
- Maintaining an organised system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritising issues/actions
- Participation (representation of TPG) in stakeholder / Sponsor and other forum meetings
- Ability to develop a clear, organised project management type approach for a complex range of workstreams.
- Desire and ability to own parts of the project and see through to completion
- Ability to quickly become familiarised with the various program activities/accelerated priorities and understand the supporting requirements and tasks
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to professionally represent the department and firm at all times
- Ability to think around problems to achieve completion of activities
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Demonstrable experience within project/Supply Chain function, ideally within professional services
- Previous experience of successfully working with and for various members and levels of senior management
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multitask and organise others
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and be flexible to the needs of others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods
- Confidence and ability to work on own initiative and with limited supervision
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to learn and use in house applications and database
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85238
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 1805022