BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Princ'l Arch't,Appl Dev
- Key influential role to help lead the design next generation of risk & compliance architecture and technologies, with impact not just within risk and compliance but to other related areas within the firm.
- Experience in helping define technology and architecture strategy for risk or related areas. Consults with other senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate strategies.
- Acts as advocate for change to provide innovative, creative technology solutions. Makes recommendations, gains approval and develops implementation strategy for new technologies.
- Manage a small team of architects as well as influence the wider risk/compliance and broader organization in influencing technology strategy and architecture. This is a key role in designing the next generation of solutions using techniques such as Big Data, machine learning and modelling techniques.
- Depending on the candidates experience, possibility to also manage the team building core technical frameworks.
- Strong background in data architecture required. This includes designing and building large scale data acquisition platforms. Expertise in Oracle required. Experience with Exadata and Vertica a plus. Some experience with Hadoop and related technologies (eg Spark, Cloudera) preferred.
- Experience with risk analytics solutions required, either at the enterprise risk or line of business levels. Experience designing frameworks for risk analytics using Python or other solutions helpful. Some credit and/or market risk experience required. Familiarity with CCAR and credit modelling a plus but not required.
- Expertise in designing scalable and high performing robust solutions with large volumes of data required.
- Experience in statistical modelling related solutions a plus
- Experience in compliance related areas a plus but not required
- Strong architecture documentation skills. Ability to set an example for architecture diagrams and presentations.
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with senior stakeholders
- Stays abreast of the latest related technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace
Sr. Principal Architect, Appl Development->> Leads the research and design of technical infrastructure for applications.Leads research, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide architectural concepts, principles and tools. Assesses business viability of new technologies. Consults with other senior level IT managers to assess and evaluate current strategies. Makes recommendations, gains approval and develops implementation strategy for new technologies. Acts as advocate for change to provide innovative, creative technology solutions.Prepares and delivers presentations to top-level management on new technology and its impact on the organization.Provides guidance to other architects throughout the enterprise.Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace. Makes recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives
QualificationsAdvanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 12+ years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45023
Job: Information Technology
Organization: BNY Mellon Technology-HR06363
Requisition Number: 1805098