BNY Mellon Careers
Project Management Officer
The Senior Specialist will support the portfolio lead in the management and delivery of assigned projects of work. Provides assurance and confidence to sponsors and senior executives that project management is conducted in an efficient and effective manner to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to internal client specifications.
• Part of a small team of experienced professionals and will primarily provide governance control and assurance for the end-to-end project management of assigned change initiatives,
• Specific responsibilities for driving and quality checking standard project management outputs such as planning, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, internal client management and other project documentation in a highly complex environment.
• Through accurate and timely reporting, monitors progress against the plans, ensuring that risks and issues are escalated appropriately to senior management as needed. Documents and tracks changes and assumptions impacting on effective delivery.
• Works alongside senior program and project managers to ensure project artefacts are available and used to provide confidence to senior managers and stakeholders that implementation is on track for delivery. Clarify, manage and escalate exceptions to ensure timely resolution and mitigation.
• Maintains information in a suitable state for audit purposes
• Uses experience to provide coaching and training to project teams and recipients as necessary, with the capacity to advise and counsel other programme managers as to how improvements can be incorporated into existing activity.
• Produces high quality and timely management information fit for consumption by a program manager and relevant governance structures.
• Management of financial management within existing projects ensuring that delivery is to budget and that forecasting is conducted appropriately.
• Planning and oversight for effective resource allocation
Person Specification/ Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required.
• 7-10 years of experience in project management preferred.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Prince2 certification is preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Knowledge of Regulatory/Governance framework advantageous.
• Experience in the Financial Services sector.
• Literacy in the following software packages: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint (high level of skill essential), Excel, Visio, Project
• Ability to travel within Europe is essential.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 52219
Requisition Number: 1805127