BNY Mellon Careers
IM EMEA, Senior Product Strategist
BNY Mellon Investment Management’s goal is to build and manage investment and wealth management strategies and solutions that address the ever changing needs of our clients. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to understand their needs and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. As recognised pioneers of the multi-boutique model, BNY Mellon have some of the best investment ideas, from the finest investment minds, all in one place.
BNY Mellon Investment Management has over US$1.8 trillion AUM (BNY Mellon, September 2017) and is the global investment management arm of BNY Mellon, one of the world’s 7th largest global asset managers (Willis Towers Watson in conjunction with Pensions and Investments, October 2016) and 4th largest asset manager (Investments Pensions Europe, June 2016) active in the European marketplace.
The role is focused on idea generation, investigation and creation of forward looking investment management products and strategies in an effort to continue to position BNY Mellon Investment Management EMEA as an industry leading investment management firm.
Critically, the individual is expected to execute on the following areas:
- Product Strategy – have a strategic vision. Independently create and thoroughly test and support a view on new product creation and industry direction.
- New Product Development – Exceptional research abilities and attention to detail. Able to thoroughly investigate ideas and build comprehensive business cases, communicate across the BNYM IM organisation, and achieve buy-in of key product initiatives with key stakeholders.
- Boutique and External Department Management – Effectively work with our Investment Boutique partners in all areas of current and forward-looking product developments.
- Support ongoing product management including: creation of product positioning versus peers; analyses of costs/charges, performance, AUM, net flows of existing products; recommend changes to existing products to evolve them for current and future client needs.
Overall, we are looking for a hungry, focused, self-starter who is meticulous in research and has a strong curiosity to earn a deeper understanding of the investment management product lifecycle and support the future growth of IM EMEA.
Creative idea generation and feasibility investigation of potential new products and initiatives, including crafting start to finish business cases, PIDs and/or presentations, including completion of Section 1 of the PID for submission to Product Committee (known as the “Pre PID”).
Input into the Focus and Strategic Focus lists, achieving buy-in from key stakeholders for any changes.
Input into the “TCF” product oversight, including Manufactured and Non-Manufactured products IM EMEA distribute.
Achieve buy-in of Product Committee members for new products; at times present all information as effectively as possible to allow the best decision at Committee (regardless of positive or negative outcome).
Act as a key contact across the entire division and with boutiques; act as a source of knowledge and collaboration to develop our distribution business.
Execution of ad hoc strategic projects related to Product Development as directed.
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Experience as a Senior Product Development Manager and managing more junior members of staff.
- Strong understanding and experience in the asset management industry, investment techniques and pooled product structures in particular UCITS structures domiciled in Ireland and the UK.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to credibly liaise with senior management as well as developing good working relationships with peer group colleagues.
- A proactive approach to resolving issues as well as identifying developing opportunities.
- Strong organization, time and project management skills.
- An attention to detail.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
Educated to degree level or equivalent qualifiers.
Experience of Bloomberg, FERI, Lipper and other market analysis tool
IMC or CFA qualifications would be an advantage.
Languages would also be useful but not essential. Continental European languages such as Italian, French, German or Spanish would be particularly useful.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51562
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1805163
Tags: EFC:EMEA: 2-I