BNY Mellon Careers
Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) Controllers ensure Robotic Process Automation (RPA) robots are properly monitored, managed, maintained, and controlled and that escalations for any issues are communicated be the Control Room according to the Business Unit requirements. Controllers oversee the work being performed by robots through Blue Prism by analyzing logs for individual robots, monitoring work queues to identify completed and exception items, and performing research, investigation, and resolution to facilitate automation of the business processes.
The successful candidate to this position will first and foremost be a creative thinker, well organized, a clear/concise communicator, and have an entrepreneurial mindset focused on automation projects. These automation projects aim to mimic human interaction on a document or system and can capture, interpret and process transactions across multiple digital systems making processes run better, faster and more efficient by:
• Eliminating non-value-added work and risky UDT’s (user-defined technology solutions).
• Increasing scalability and flexibility with greater accuracy, ensuring a zero defect environment.
• Eliminating swivel-chair integration between 2 systems (e.g., copy-paste functions that transfer data from one-system to another due to a lack of a formal interface)
• Automating and improving manual and rule-based, repetitive, computer-based tasks.
The Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) team is seeking a Controller to ensure Robotic Process Automation (RPA) robots are properly monitored, managed, maintained, and controlled and that escalations for any issues are communicated by the Control Room according to the Business Unit requirements. Controllers oversee the work being performed by robots through Blue Prism by analyzing logs for individual robotic sessions, monitoring work queues to identify completed and exception items, and performing research, investigation, and resolution to facilitate automation of the business processes.
In this role, you'll be a critical member of a fast-paced cross-functional startup team and must thrive in a high energy, time-constrained, multitasking environment.
Experience should include;
• Exposure to automation solutions using multiple technologies (macros, workflow, smartforms, OCR, RPA, etc.)
• Experience in business operations, understanding critical deadlines (SLAs), client/customer relations, and the importance of issues escalation and resolution
• Ability to produce comprehensive reporting, and provide clear communication
• Ability to work with both Business and Tech teams, and act as a liaison in communication between the groups
• Ability to understand technology design and recommend design practices to the Senior Developers
• Providing transparency in all things and open and honest feedback to managers and teammates alike.
• Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, object oriented programming techniques, and the software development life cycle
Training will be provided, however, a core foundation in automating processes, regardless of the technique or solutions leveraged in the past, and an aptitude to explore new solutions is the cornerstone for what we are looking for.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70253
Requisition Number: 1805321