BNY Mellon Careers
Analyst, Client Processing in EMEA Markets Operations
Evolving regulations, increasing capital constraints, liquidity concerns and the growing demand for transparency are among the many challenges our clients face. These challenges require new thinking and new solutions. BNY Mellon Markets can help clients access capital, financing and liquidity through our suite of foreign exchange, securities finance, collateral management and segregation, capital markets, liquidity and prime brokerage services.
With over 1000 employees across three continents and $3 trillion in inventory of lendable assets for securities lending (as of December 2016), we pride ourselves on offering clients trading, financing, liquidity and collateral solutions by offering innovative services, market insight, industry expertise and scalable technology and deliver services. We bring together our experts, technology and operational strengths to offer effective solutions that help our clients manage their risk, capital and liquidity needs.
The overall objective of the position is to ensure that the daily workflow for Markets Operations EMEA is completed supporting the confirmation process, maintenance of relevant static data in back office systems, resolving any settlement issues by liaising with management, trading and counterparties, managing queries from both internal and external sources in a competent, in an efficient and timely manner. Timely and accurate settlement of FX and Capital Markets activity is a key deliverable for the role.
- Acts as deputy for the Team Section Manager when requested.
- Responsible for the day to day oversight and participation of workflow responsibilities within the team.
- Provides timely and relevant feedback to Section Manager on staff training, knowledge and process gaps.
- Assists management in delivery of staff training
- Acts as first point of escalation and escalates through the chain as appropriate.
- Bank authorised signatory.
- Active participation in assigned work stream(s) and initiatives
- Ability to understand risks faced in own role and actively works to educate team on risks faced
- Aware of BNY Mellon’s focus upon risk and mitigating internal controls
- Ensures timely escalation of situations that may arise posing a potential risk
- Timely completion of all mandatory compliance training
- Awareness of SAR process
Technology / Information Security
- Understanding and use of data classification
- Awareness of CMS plans
- Participation in site testing
- Adherence to corporate policy
- Awareness and adherence to new corporate policies
- Adherence to Contracts / SLAs
- 1-2 years’ experience in one of the following areas of Data Processing and Verification/Reconciliations/Financial Services/Banking/Leadership experience/Settlements experience
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Analytical Thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Interpersonal skills, with some proven team leadership skills
- Well organised and able to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines and stakeholder expectations
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire for excellence with a conscientious approach
- Ability to work without close supervision, organise, manage and prioritise work
- Strong client service ethic
- Risk awareness
- Results Focused & Proactive nature
- Be able to identify and analyse issues
- Decision Making & Accountability
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Global Markets, through its Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC and BNY Mellon Capital Markets EMEA Limited businesses, provides a broad array of products and services for corporate, institutional and high-net-worth investors to choose among various vehicles aimed at protecting principal, providing growth and managing risk.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70606
Organization: MARKETS CENTRAL MANAGEMENT-HR15164
Requisition Number: 1805425