BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Product Management
To understand the Broker-Dealer marketplace, competition from outsourcing in all its forms and the regulatory landscape to further understand and execute on the strategic goals of the Broker Dealer Services business within that landscape
To promote, market and assist with the selling of Pershing’s Broker-Dealer services to prospective clients. Additionally, to support opportunities within existing Clients that requires additional products and services. Contribute towards a culture of ongoing product development by working with various product, operational, technology and relationship managers to identify ways in which our client offering is being used to optimum benefit, where these services may be improved, and what market/Client demand there is for new and or improved products.
Work alongside and relationship and sales teams, co-ordinating prospecting activities for new business and new products and providing technical input/cooperation where required for active pipeline opportunities as well as RFI and RFP responses.
The product manager role requires strong interpersonal, commercial and entrepreneurial skills, together with the ability to translate client needs into product solutions whilst ensuring appropriate risk factors are understood and mitigated.
Create and maintain accurate pipeline of active projects and business viability assessments detailing essential justifications such as client/market demand, risk reward ratios and future applicability.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Increase product penetration and maintain a calling schedule of face to face client and prospect calls together with the incumbent sales leads and or relationship managers that promote and introduce the full range of Company products and services through close collaboration with the various lines of business
• Develop a good understanding of market trends, product take-up and existing client's strategic needs such as investment objectives and initiatives, asset & liability management philosophy and challenges, financing and treasury management needs, risk management and governance priorities; develop pro-active strategies that address these needs from a product perspective
• Maintain a developing network of relationships and contacts across market structures including but not limited to Client, Prospects, Competitors and Infrastructure partners from executive management to business line heads and be able to effectively articulate to peers and management any new and relevant industry trends.
• Design and own structures and processes that will create innovative value added and scalable product solutions for our clients
• Be an advocate for the client and simultaneously manage the risk and compliance impact of all product development activities by ensuring full engagement of relevant control functions within the Broker Dealer services team including but not limited to Compliance, Risk and Legal
• Manage and mitigate risks to the Company; perform administrative duties efficiently; maintain the high ethical standards of the Company and ensure the profitability of new products whilst constantly seeking to increase profitability and reduce costs of existing products, through solid pricing and profitability exercises across all Products and Clients by product take-up and profile.
• Contribute to the development and execution of the Pershing Institutional Roadmap
OPERATIONAL RISK RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements)
• Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
• Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company’s Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
• Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
• Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
• Knowledge of the Company's products and services and an understanding of competitive advantage and ways in which a client may use Pershing’s products and services strategically and effectively
• Significant knowledge of outsourcing in the Broker-Dealer Sector, particularly with respect to cash equity and fixed income activity including but not limited to direct market access/on-exchange trading, central clearing, middle and back office activities through to safe-keeping and asset servicing (with further understanding of value-add services such as asset optimization, trade financing etc. an added benefit)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must also possess an aptitude for sales activity, presentations and public speaking
• Experience in dealing with senior level management within an organisation (both internally and externally)
• Strong team orientation with the ability to work effectively within the Pershing Institutional services sector as well as with other product/service business lines of the Company
• Relevant degree or academic qualifications in business, finance, marketing of related discipline; or 5 years related Product, Relationship and New Business Origination experience
• High levels of attention to detail with capacity to assess complex and large volumes of information. Be able to document, implement and communicate new services and enhancements into the organisation, presenting internally at Business Risk and Business Acceptance Committees where required.
• Completion of credit training or related training program and / or multi language skills advantageous
Leads product development and strategy for large and/or complex products. Usually assigned to product areas with high-growth potential and has fully developed core expertise on industry trends, market segments and competitor services/ offerings.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 70236
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1805446