BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Technical Developer
- Assume the responsibilities of technical lead, architect, and development manager of existing onshore and offshore development resources.
- Report directly to the AMNA investment systems technology director and align team development efforts and architecture decisions with key business directives and milestones.
- Coordinate directly with SMEs, business analysts, QA teams, development teams, and business clients to ensure product development and delivery on time and within scope.
- Design and develop functionality across client tier, middle tier, and application backend while working with and improving existing architecture.
- Mentor, oversee, and motivate the existing team to foster collaboration and drive output.
- Operate and regulate usage of Agile methodology, assist in the maintenance of the product backlog, and ensure smooth delivery of sprint releases.
- Implement, oversee, and tightly enforce best practices throughout the SDLC to ensure minimal rework, application performance, and maintainability of the end product.
- Be able to proficiently and diplomatically communicate with both business teams and development teams while thriving under demanding deadlines.
- 12+ years of full stack experience in the technology industry
- 8+ years of experience with C#/.Net or related technology and SQL Server
- 5+ years in a technology architect / management role
- 5+ years of experience with JS, HTML5, CSS, SASS, LESS or related web technologies
- 3+ years of experience in Fintech. Specific experience developing in-house investment or portfolio systems in support of investment business processes highly desired. Intimate knowledge of vendor related platforms such as Aladdin, Calpyso, Thinkfolio, Mysis Summit highly desired.
- 2+ years of direct experience with AngularJS and Angular 4/5. Must have worked with and implemented the technology. Developing past POCs or having taken training courses does not qualify as sufficient experience.
- Prior Experience with the following technologies highly desired: Dapper, Entity Framework, MongoDB, Redis, Jenkins, Visual Studio, TFS, Bower, Gulp, NodeJS, Signal-R, SSIS, SSRS, Autosys, and WCF
- Excellent comprehension, communication, and analytical skills are a must. The candidate must be able to both understand and communicate strategic business objectives to the development team while translating these into discrete develop tracts.
- Self-driven and motivated with a strong work ethic are a must.
- BA/BS/MS in related engineering or financial field. Financial, Project management, and technical certifications a plus.
- Ability to provide a strong portfolio of past work for consideration is helpful (redacted only) Reputable references must be provided and will be cross referenced
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Internal Jobcode: 32938
Job: Asset Management
Organization: NA Investment Boutiques-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1805506