BNY Mellon Careers
Sr Rep, Corporate Actions
The Asset Servicing department is responsible for the research, set up, client advice and processing of Corporate Action events. The department are also responsible for post related event asset servicing activities such as dividends, market claims, proxy voting and stock transformations. Pershing PLC performs this activity on behalf of clients who are based in the UK, Ireland, Chanel Island and United States. Pershing clients include Retail, Wealth, IFA and Institutional Financial Services firms.
The department comprises of 50 staff who are based in Liverpool, Manchester, London and Chennai. The largest location being Liverpool.
The department is responsible for all corporate action event types across all markets and deals with global custodians and registrars. The department has 4 key teams – Event Capture, Event Processing, Dividends and Market Claims.
• Capture of data from various data providers
• Corresponding with clients as necessary via e-mail and phone
• Working to tight deadlines (determined by the market)
• Analysing data to ensure accurate processing of transactions
• Utilising multiple bespoke systems to input and extract data
Must be able to demonstrate experience of the following:
• Strong Excel skills (to include use of formulas)
• Must have a high level of attention detail and be able evidence past experience of identifying and correcting errors in a process/procedure
• Experience of working to short deadlines
• Highly numerate
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to managing own deadlines and workloads
• Experience of using non Microsoft systems (including employer bespoke systems) desirable
• Experience of reconciling data
• Experience of using workflow systems where diary notes are required
• Financial Services experience
• Working with customer data
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 09344
Requisition Number: 1805564