BNY Mellon Careers
Manager, Middle Office
Middle Office Team is responsible for:
- Matching of trades booked by client against executing brokers trade blotter/ticket
- Management of trade exception failures
- Maintenance of portfolio and Standard Settlement Instructions data
- Processing of all private equity placements
- Daily Term Deposit affirmation and Administration
- Daily/monthly cash reconciliation and managing position reconciliation
- Intraday and end of day query resolution
- Working closely with other team members to ensure day-to-day tasks associated with customer deliverables are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies, department guidelines, and external regulation
Middle Office Manager:
- He/ She is responsible for and Administrators, Senior Administrators and Supervisors in a group,
- He/ She must ensure that all BNY Mellon and regulatory daily, weekly, monthly and annual procedures and reporting tasks are adhered to, breaches of controls etc. are reported to the appropriate parties,
- He/She must ensure that all key information is provided to support departments such as Finance, HR, Compliance etc. for tracking and monitoring purposes and overseeing that basic administrative procedures are carried out,
- He/ She Works with Supervisors to develop staff through effective communication, delegation, motivation, mentoring, coaching and other techniques,
- He/ She manages overtime requirements and staff availability during holiday and other peak periods,
- He/ She ensures staff have clear objectives and up to date job descriptions relevant to their current role,
- He/ She is responsible for prompt identification, escalation and resolution of any performance issues within the team,
- He/ She identifies and communicates new staffing requirements to line-management,
- He/ She is responsible for assisting with recruitment and completion of staff performance & development plans,
- He/ She is responsible for continuous development and mentoring of staff
- He/ She arranges regular tests to identify any operational inconsistencies from agreed checklists, controls, guidelines and written procedures.
- He/ She works with line-management on ad-hoc projects and initiatives to ensure agreed client service levels are met.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in an accounting related discipline,
- A minimum of six years relevant work experience,
- Operations background
- Technical knowledge how financial instruments work - both listed and unlisted and back office procedures gained within a cross-product operations role would be beneficial,
- Computer literacy, highly skilled in the use of spreadsheets, word processing packages,
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills,
- Dependability, flexibility and the ability to lead by example,
- Very good organizational skills,
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English,
- High degree of accuracy
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70566
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1805655