BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Investment Management-Analyst, Originations
Amherst Capital is a real estate investment specialist. Our real estate expertise is grounded in deep intellectual capital, and one of the world’s most robust U.S. real estate data sets, developed over the past 20 years. We provide investors access to both market-leading data and analysis capabilities, and BNY Mellon’s global distribution strength. We believe that this unique combination enables us to offer a level of investment expertise and technology that is unrivalled in the industry.
At Amherst Capital, we have an innovative and collaborative culture, and believe our meticulous approach to risk control, governance and compliance helps create long-term alignment of our interests with our investors.
As the market continues to evolve, we believe that our industry-leading platform provides a clear advantage. Amherst Capital is poised to alter the real estate finance landscape with our distinctive intellectual capital and proprietary data and analytics designed to help clients meet their portfolio needs.
The Analyst will be part of the Commercial Real Estate Lending team and will assist and support the origination and qualification of complex real estate loan transactions. The Analyst will have a material business-wide impact, as his or her contribution to the investment process will be key to early stage growth. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Originations.
• Assisting in the origination and qualification of potential investment opportunities, including analyzing, underwriting, structuring, and closing commercial real estate loans;
• Assisting with the financial analysis, valuation, and financial modeling of investments;
• Generating internal approval memoranda for presentation to senior management;
• Supporting wider CRE team members in deal/credit negotiations;
• Occasionally attending trade shows and other internal/external events such that the firm's relationships expand and strengthen;
• Completing other ad-hoc duties as required.
- BA/BS required; background in Economics/Finance and advanced qualifications (MA/PhD/CFA) preferred;
- 2+ years’ experience in CRE loan origination and transaction management required; experience in an asset manager, hedge fund, investment bank or private equity firm strongly preferred;
- Experience in financial modelling;
- Knowledge of fundamental real estate cash flow and valuation analysis;
- Proficient in Excel and Argus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 33681
Job: Asset Management
Organization: NA Investment Boutiques-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1805698