BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Analyst, Fund Accounting (Treasury Operations, working hours: 10:30am-7pm)
Treasury Operations team in Real Estate Accounting department is responsible for performing a variety of complex administrative tasks related to the activities of: Accounts Payable; Bank Reconciliation; 1099 Tax Reporting; Bank Accounts Opening/Closing, Cash Reconciliation, Checks processing, admin tasks and various adhoc projects. This involves liaising with Banks, PREI Legal Department, property managers, asset managers and portfolio managers on a daily basis.
The Treasury Operations Supervisor is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all transactions and money transfers within the team. He/she is responsible for checking all work completed by administrators on the team and ensuring that all procedures and controls are being complied with. In addition he/she is responsible for the overall work allocation of the team.
• Ensure all invoices are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
• Reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Ensure A/P journal entries are prepared.
• Processing checks requests.
• Check disbursement requests and expense reimbursements.
• Maintaining internal logs for tracking vendor outstanding invoices.
• Ensure monthly cash reconciliation is maintained.
• Ensure ‘previous day’ banking reports daily from various bank websites are run for use in recording payments as well as clearing accounts payable checks and wires.
• Liaise with banks and various Prudential businesses to investigate and resolve transaction and account balance issues.
• Daily review of check exceptions, void and stop pay vendor checks when necessary.
• Check (IRS W-9) 1099 cumulative data.
• Submitting various Users Access Requests and completing security access recertification.
• Ensure various monthly reports are prepared and distributed.
• Providing day to day support to existing US project team and to external property managers.
• Ensure procedures and workflow documentation is updated as needed.
• Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies. Training new members within the unit.
• PC literacy
• Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Analytical and numeracy skills, reconciliation skills
• Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Good problem solving and decision making skills to respond to inquiries and processing issues in a timely manner.
• Ability to follow up to get necessary answers to complete tasks.
• Flexible with regards to working in a changing environment and the ability to adjust to new work structures, processes, and requirements as necessary.
• Striving for quality and ensuring consistent high standards of work.
• Knowledge of accounts payable and maintaining general ledgers
• Knowledge of Visual Basic Programming
• Third level qualification in business related discipline or equivalent accounts payable/ commercial banking experience would be an advantage.
• At least 3 years work experience within a similar environment
• Accounting Technician or other professional qualification would be a significant advantage.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office). Knowledge of VBA would be a significant advantage.
• Supervisory experience
• Communication skills.
• Organisational and planning skills.
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70509
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1805725