BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Trader- Corporate Treasury
The Money Market Investment Desk Trader will be a key member of the EMEA Money Market Investment Desk and is mainly responsible for managing the liquidity positions within BNY Mellon’s European subsidiary bank (“BNY Mellon SA/NV”). The EMEA Money Market Investment desk is responsible for the deployment of excess liquidity in suitable/approved money market instruments with the goal of improving net interest income and reducing balance sheet costs whilst staying in compliance to all regulatory limits and balance sheet constraints.
Specific responsibilities of the EMEA Money Market Investment desk include:
- Management of surplus liquidity by deploying liquidity in suitable short term money market instruments including interbank placements, FX swaps, bank CDs, central bank placements, intercompany placements
- Funding and liquidity management in compliance to all internal and external regulatory limits including LCR, Volcker limits, market limits, credit limits, large exposure limits, capital limits, as required
- Day-to-day management of the legal entity liquid asset buffer requirements and testing of sources of liquidity identified in legal entity contingency funding plans
- Monitoring and execution of trades within the securities portfolio
- Managing market and liquidity risk arising in the banking book
- Ensuring strong systems, controls and processes in place, e.g. adhering to trader mandates and desk procedures
- Providing treasury execution coverage for other legal entities in EMEA, as required
- Minimum 5 - 10 years of Treasury front office trading experience
- University educated
- Prior experience effectively managing Treasury front office execution
- Deep understanding of the money market and FX swap markets
- Strong risk management skills and understanding of the regulatory environment
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Team player
The position will be based in Frankfurt and will have a dual reporting line to the Head of EMEA Money Markets Investments and the BNY Mellon SA/NV CFO
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Internal Jobcode: 85261
Organization: Corporate Treasury-HR06004
Requisition Number: 1805743