BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Developer - VXML / Java (IVR Software Solutions)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
This Principal Developer role will be afforded the opportunity to work for an organization with more than 230 years of history and an innovative legacy that continues to help shape the future of financial services. The goal of our group is to deliver multi-modal, easy to use collaboration systems that focus on the user experience. The Principal Developer position will consult with internal business groups to develop compelling, state of the art IVR applications and services that enable customers to succeed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop IVR software solutions by combining technical expertise with an understanding of strategic business drivers, application and project needs; working with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; solving complex technology challenges
- Active contribution to Application Software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, re-use, and scalability of products; responsible for performance tuning and optimization, demonstrates creative, critical thinking and strategic vision.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Write new IVR programs and web services of high complexity, mentor less experienced team members, participate in peer code reviews and ensure that delivered code is scalable, reusable and meets guidelines for the best practices and procedures.
- Familiar with modern tools and software. Consistently finds and delivers new ways to develop and improve processes and technology.
- Work with BNY Mellon’s infrastructure groups on defining infrastructure needed to support functional and performance requirements and to solve complex technology challenges.
- Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology.
- Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools.
- Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- VXML, Java Script
- Linux, Batch Scripting
- Apache Tomcat
- Java, J2EE, JSP, JSF, Servlets, Struts, Spring, Webservices (SOAP, REST)
- Eclipse, Maven, GIT, Jenkins
- JMS, WebsphereMQ
- Experience with Telephony / CTI Integration.
- Speech Recognition, Text to Speech and Natural Language Application development.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1805755