BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Network Engineer/Voice Engineer – Cisco
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Planning, designing and implementing Cisco collaboration and other telecommunication systems.
- Designing, implementing and supporting large / complex Cisco Unified Communication (UC) solutions including Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection messaging systems and video / telepresence systems.
- Record designing, implementing, integrating and supporting a broad range of collaboration products while interacting in all areas of network technology.
Principal Network Engineer->> Leads the research, design, development, and the enterprise-wide integration and implementation of new and emerging technologies. Implements and supports the network infrastructure and systems for large, complex networks. Designs and supports inter-network solutions including the physical and logical configuration documentation and has an in-depth understanding of the entire network topology and architecture. Performs overall network design or support and on-going review of complex network design. Works with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. Works and may lead relationships with other IT staff and vendor representatives on strategic projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing for intricate network issues. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for potential and opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Extensive experience delivering Cisco collaboration solution designs and troubleshooting issues to deliver satisfactory telephony services to clients including performance, capacity, and reliability.
- Strong knowledge of the company's total networking environment (existing infrastructure, interdependencies and organizational responsibilities) and proactively make recommendations to improve the existing voice infrastructure.
- Experience in resolving technical (hardware, software, communications) malfunctions and have the capability to implement solutions including temporary workarounds and hardware/software upgrades.
- Experience in scheduling and executing various planned hardware and software changes to the voice network and clearly communicate and document the recommended changes.
- Prior lead experience with designing, implementing, integrating, documenting, and supporting large complex Cisco UC systems and related network strategies.
- Ability to make sound high-impact decisions under uncertain conditions.
Skills and Experience:
- Platforms: Cisco UCS (B and C series) Servers, Expressway, VG224 / 350, Oracle (Acme) SBCs, Cisco routers / switches, Cisco 79xx / 89xx / 88xx phones and video / telepresence endpoints.
- Software: UCM/CUC 8.x/10.x/11.x, VMWare ESXI, Jabber, Jabber Mobile Client. Spark, Acano.
- Networking: Strong Cisco routing and switching / data networking skills.
- Protocols: H323, SIP, MGCP, SCCP.
- Experience integrating UCM with Active Directory and third party apps including Microsoft Skype and Office 365 and Avaya and IPC systems.
- Extensive video / Telepresence experience including TMS / VCS and Expressway for B2B video integration.
- Proven track record creating, implementing and supporting automation to streamline administrative functions and enhance end-user capabilities.
- Knowledge of other telephony systems including Avaya, NICE and IPC.
- Extensive troubleshooting skills.
- CCNP Route/Switch, CCNP Voice and CCIE Voice.
- VMWare VCP and Microsoft Certified Solution Expert – MCSE.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park
Internal Jobcode: 45197
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1805758