BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Spec'st Project/Prgm Mgr
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Senior Specialist, Administration and Planning, will be responsible to drive and manage work streams to enable the delivery of core BNY technological frameworks including the latest generation of cloud platform development, SDN, Discovery Services, enterprise messaging and enterprise database. The candidate will work closely with the service owners and the user community to deliver a roadmap and pipeline. These services are at the core of the strategic efforts across TSG.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage and align the book of work and act as the “face of the product” for one or two services in the Architecture space.
• Focus on Product Inventory, Capacity Planning, Product Pricing, Product Adoption/Onboarding.
• Responsible for Product Roadmap and Lifecycle from building new offerings to decommissioning End of Life products as well as manage risks and roadblocks and find ways to unblock by engaging engineers.
• Developing monthly metrics and product analytics dashboards to be presented at monthly product operating and steering committee meetings.
• Host monthly user forum to describe new product features and collect product feedback.
• Work with the centralized TSG Product Management team to develop marketing and engagement strategies along with a communication plan and schedule for delivering compute hosting products.
• Ensure MySource Social and Confluence product documentation is up to date (visible, transparent and consistent) with TSG department branding and marketing.
Actively manages strategic initiatives of significant impact for the business or function supported (a unit within a business or business partner). Manages highly complex special projects related to budget, business plans, risk-related items, regulatory items communications (presentations/speeches) and implementation of policies, standards, processes, and/or strategic projects. Analyzes project implementation status and provides feedback to Principal Planning Consultants or senior managers. Solves complex issues in implementation to make recommendations for improving the project status. Leads initiatives within the business/function. Works closely with senior management to understand their needs and provides appropriate guidance, direction, and communication. Works with the business/function management team to implement and enforce policies, standards, and processes that require in-depth knowledge of business or function roles and organizational design. Plans and administers business-led programs such as people-related management, global location strategy, meeting management, etc. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience is required; MBA is preferred.
• Extensive experience in financial services or business partner function is preferred.
• Extensive experience in project and program management.
• Experience in the securities industry is a plus.
• Any experience in managing projects with IBM/MQ or similar middleware dependencies would be beneficial, particularly around upgrades or platform migrations
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60163
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1805763