BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Manager - Internal Communications
BNY Mellon is looking for an experienced internal communications professional to join a global communications team in support of one of the business’ largest business units, Asset Servicing. Based out of our Queen Victoria Street office, the position reports into the Global Head of Internal Communications and works closely with the Asset Servicing Senior Leadership Team.
• Takes joint ownership for the management and execution of the Asset Servicing internal communications strategy, which supports the overall business strategy.
• Contributes to the development of a quarterly scorecard to measure the success of the internal communications programme.
• Provides executive communications support to the Asset Servicing CEO and other members of the leadership team, including support for internal employee events and town halls, regular blogs, email communication and client events.
• Develops and executes strategic communication plans, working with subject matter experts, in support of major business change and growth initiatives.
• Produces high-quality, impactful content and leverages existing corporate communication channels to reach the appropriate audience.
• Helps manage existing Asset Servicing channels and identifies opportunities to improve use of new and existing channels.
• Liaises with corporate communications and other line of business communicators to ensure messaging consistency and timing.
• Although primarily focused on internal communications, the nature of the work will demand that the successful candidate feels comfortable working across external communication, particularly in respect to executive visibility for various leadership team members.
About the successful candidate:
• Comfortable in working with, and taking direction from, multiple stakeholders and has the ability to fit within and complement existing team relationships.
• Able to operate in a highly matrix organization and has the ability to influence the actions of the organization’s most senior leaders: in-country, regionally and globally.
• Strong and proven commercial instincts and technical internal communications knowledge combined with resilience, cultural awareness and diplomacy to achieve stakeholder engagement.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage numerous projects simultaneously across multiple time zones.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Financial or professional services experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of work experience required, extensive related experience preferred
• Able and available to travel at request.
This is a hands-on role and will appeal to a seasoned communications professional who enjoys setting others up for success, is comfortable engaging with both senior and junior stakeholders and enjoys developing strategy and taking it through to activation.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Communications/Corp Affairs
Internal Jobcode: 09703
Organization: Corporate Affairs-HR08291
Requisition Number: 1805788