BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Analyst Tax Reporting & Compliance
Senior Analyst Tax Reporting & Compliance
The Client Tax Support Team are ultimately responsible for supporting the Banks clients in all matters Tax. We act as conduit between the clients and the many operational areas of the Bank. Daily tasks involve, answering queries on global tax issues, we also monitor any market changes and where appropriate work with the clients to obtain missing or invalid tax documentation.
Client Tax Support form part of the wider Global Client Service Delivery · Enterprise Client On-Boarding and Tax team dedicated to supporting the custody product for clients and interact with various teams across BNY Mellon on a daily basis to ensure clients requests are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- You will provide a bespoke tax support service and in doing so will share your experience in tax matters to ensure this client base is delighted with the service you provide.
- You will ensure, on a daily basis, a timely resolution of all issues to the expected standard and in accordance with associated guidelines.
- Serve as central point of contact for Top Tier clients, as well as investment managers and internal parties, for custody tax and proxy issues, ensuring that all queries are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
Ability to understand dynamic and often complex local market regulations, procedures and practices and apply them to specific client and investment manager circumstances.
- Ability to effectively interact with other BNY Mellon departments (including Global Operations, Securities Lending and Corporate Actions).
- Ability to manage internal and external client expectations
- Ability to escalate in an effective and timely fashion
- Develop a reasonable level of knowledge of other BNY Mellon departments (including Corporate Actions, Accounting, Securities Lending and Global Income) to ensure timely resolution of cross-departmental issues.
- Represent the department in periodic service calls with various Global Operations departments.
- With a focus on most significant clients, develop and improve relationships, taking ownership of all related issues.
- Participate in regular client visits, presentations, calls and/or meetings as appropriate.
- Ensure all Investment Manager or Client queries are logged on the appropriate system, providing management reporting where required.
- Play a leading role in ensuring the department remains up to date with respect to the latest tax regulations. Leverage internal and external sources of information as appropriate.
- Make certain all necessary tax, proxy and other applicable documentation is on file for all clients and monitored accordingly. Renew documentation well in advance of expiration so as to prevent any negative client or company impact.
- Ensure that relevant databases and client files remain up to date.
- Solicit updated client tax documentation as needed and maintain client files in accordance with established procedures
- Take a leading role in developing and documenting procedures and ensuring they remain current.
- In a proactive and independent fashion, actively identify potential process improvements by such means as automation, cost reduction or revenue generation and make appropriate recommendations to management.
- Lead related projects, reporting updates to management as necessary and in the required format
- Coordinate production of ad-hoc reports as needed
- Assist in ensuring that physical documentation is properly stored and that digital records are always kept up-to-date. Ensure compliance with corporate data retention policies.
- Ensure compliance with relevant company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, Code of Conduct and Suspicious Activity Reporting. Actively demonstrate the corporate Shared Values (Client Focus, Trust, Teamwork and Outperformance)
- Take the lead in training new hires and developing more junior staff members
- Contribute to compilation of periodic department status reports
- Previous experience in a financial services environment.
- Previous experience of managing multiple, high volume requests
- Previous client facing experience preferred.
- Proven communication skills, both written and oral
- Good attention to detail
- Robust organisation skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent team working skills
- A high level of confidence to play a key part in delivering excellent service
- Experienced using Microsoft Office products
- Preferable – BNY system knowledge (eg GSP, IMMS, PSS, INFORM, CMS, DOORS)
- Working conditions and other information (working hours, full time, permanent etc.)
- 35 hour week
- Alternating 8.00am – 4.00pm / 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Annual Holiday – 25 Days, plus bank holidays and the ability to purchase a further 5 days
- Pension – 12% employer contribution
- Life Assurance, Income protection and Medical Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health screening
- Season ticket loans
- Recognition and service awards
- 2 volunteering days per annum
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 70594
Organization: Client Activation-HR16352
Requisition Number: 1805922