BNY Mellon Careers
Analyst, Corporate Actions - German-speaker, Translator
· Responsible for mandatory and voluntary corporate actions custody functions for all organizational accounts.
· Receives guidance from more experienced staff. With guidance from more senior staff, responsible for translating mandatory and voluntary corporate action events for German clients using the company internal translation programs.
· Possibility to evolve within the operations as well, i.e. with guidance from more senior staff, processing of basic mandatory and voluntary corporate action events (including the daily interpretation, monitoring, scrubbing and notification of corporate action events), processing liability notices, processing and allocating dividend interest payments and processing class action suits.
· Reconciles monitors and posts entitlements to client accounts.
· Responsible for daily and monthly outlier review, research and documentation.
· Responsible for performing daily reconciliations for cash, security and suspense transactions as well as adhering to established quality control measures and procedures.
· Responsible for researching and responding to inquiries from internal business groups, depositories, agents, brokers, clients, Investment Managers, sub custodians and/or custodians.
· Works on multiple systems to perform corporate action processing, including creating and scrubbing announcements, sending client instructions to third parties, and, posting online cash and security transactions.
· No direct reports.
· Contributes to the achievement of team goals and objectives.
· Fluent in English and German.
· Translation skills preferable
· Attention to details
· Strong written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· 0-3 years of total work experience preferred.
· Experience in financial services or corporate actions preferred.
· Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Internal Jobcode: 70452
Organization: Securities Service Delivery-HR06423
Requisition Number: 1805939