BNY Mellon Careers
Corporate Trust – Principal, Business Development, South Asia
This is an interesting opportunity for a senior level business development person to join our team covering South Asia across all Corporate Trust (CT) products and client segments.
You will be tasked with:
• Growing new/existing relationships, self-identifying and pursuing new business opportunities
• Consulting clients on their strategic vision, and using an in-depth understanding of the firm’s solutions and value proposition, help achieve that vision
• Marshalling firm-wide resources (marketing, product, legal, risk, compliance) to ensure the most appropriate response to clients’ proposals and deal structure
• Being an escalation point for execution and service delivery teams where there is potential relationship impact
• Involvement and input in strategic planning as relates to business growth: marketing/branding, sales campaigns, product development (together with relevant functional teams)
• Creating and offering customized products where necessary
• Working closely with related teams and other firm-wide resources (legal, risk, compliance) to ensure all risk management/compliance activities relevant to business development activities are conducted and captured
• Tracking and reporting on business development results
• Building reports for use by senior leaders that identifies trends, opportunities, areas of concern
This role is particularly suited to a seasoned banking sales professional, well versed working to tight deadlines, in a fast paced environment. You will be delivery focused and happy working in a targeted environment. There will be some travel involved in this role.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• Experience within a business development related role is required
• Advanced/graduate degree preferred
• 7-10 years of total work experience with a focus on sales preferred
• Exposure to and experience with debt capital markets/loan markets, with pre-existing relationships, is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Internal Jobcode: 70021
Organization: Corporate Trust-HR06320
Requisition Number: 1806013