BNY Mellon Careers
IM EMEA, Marketing Manager, Italy
BNY Mellon Investment Management’s goal is to build and manage investment and wealth management strategies and solutions that address the ever changing needs of our clients. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to understand their needs and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. As recognised pioneers of the multi-boutique model, BNY Mellon have some of the best investment ideas, from the finest investment minds, all in one place.
BNY Mellon Investment Management has over US$1.8 trillion AUM (BNY Mellon, September 2017) and is the global investment management arm of BNY Mellon, one of the world’s 7th largest global asset managers (Willis Towers Watson in conjunction with Pensions and Investments, October 2016) and 4th largest asset manager (Investments Pensions Europe, June 2016) active in the European marketplace.
The marketing manager is responsible for the tactical planning and delivery for the Italian markets (Institutional & wholesale). They implement the marketing programmes in this region alongside the marketing executive. The role involves understanding key distribution channels in order to define and execute a robust marketing strategy. The marketing manager will also be responsible for the ultimate delivery of marketing material appropriate to the audiences identified.
The marketing manager must be familiar with the key competitors and funds/strategies in Italy and how IM EMEA’s product is positioned alongside these competitors – they are tasked with gathering market intelligence to support marketing initiatives in conjunction with the country’s sales team and the Head of Programme management.
They must work closely with other local channel marketers, investment and marketing communications, performance, PR, operations, product development and compliance.
Implementation of the marketing strategy and plan:
- To work alongside the Projects and planning team to the development of the long-term marketing strategy for the Italian markets to ensure effective and timely implementation of the marketing plan.
- To ensure that IM EMEA is kept abreast of competitor activity and market developments in the markets that they support.
Marketing Materials & Advertising:
- To develop and co-ordinate the production of all marketing materials required for the target audience to ensure that all marketing communications are appropriately ‘localised’, including actively reviewing and updating existing materials as necessary and making fit for market segment (including strategic partnerships)
- To ensure that the agreed procedures for literature production are followed, including those for translation, print ordering and compliance approval.
- Plan and execute the advertising strategy for Italy and the target market segments.
- Plan and deliver the contact strategy for Italy – e.g. regular email communications to the defined target audience.
Website & contact strategy
Develop targeted direct marketing communications (regular and marketing) and manage the local sales support team to ensure implementation. In doing so, formulate ways to increasingly tie all e-communications to country dedicated websites that will allow promotion of BNY Mellon Investment Management and its products whilst increasing website traffic
Develop and monitor the company’s dedicated country website/s and in doing so actively review, consider and recommend ways to improve.
Work alongside the local Italian PR Manager to ensure effective co-ordination of marketing and corporate communications activity
- To coordinate the organisation of sponsored in country conferences, IM EMEA internal conferences and attendance at trade fairs and client seminars.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring the budget allocated to support the marketing strategies in the countries they support. Ensure all headline expenditure with strategic partners is agreed up front with management and approved.
Maintaining and Strengthening the Brand
- To ensure that all materials are consistently executed in line with our brand and visual identity, guidelines
- Manage and develop the marketing executive.
- Ensure all marketing items are compliant and in line with the BNY Mellon Investment Management brand.
Job Specific Competencies
Confident and assertive
Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Flexible approach and outlook to achieving goals
Ability to work to tight deadlines and be prepared to embrace change within set deadlines
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Italy-Milano-Milano
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51926
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1806072