BNY Mellon Careers
Counsel- Investment Management- Funds Administration Group
- Drafting and/or reviewing Form N-1A and N-2 registration statements, prospectuses, SAIs and prospectus supplements, Form N-14 registration statements, proxy statements, shareholder meeting materials, and exemptive applications, as applicable.
- Organizing Board meetings, drafting and/or reviewing Board materials and minutes and serving as Secretary of Board meetings; attending meetings, including Board, committee, and shareholder meetings.
- Providing day-to-day legal advice regarding advisory and asset management activities, including various legal and regulatory matters arising under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
- The candidate will have regular, ongoing interaction with the supervising attorney and group paralegals, other members of the BNY Mellon Investment Management Legal Department, senior managers, outside counsel, independent registered public accountants, sub-advisers and/or boutiques, and other business partners.
- The candidate will be required to frequently facilitate communication among all major stakeholders, including senior management and control functions.
Advanced Legal Degree or local country equivalent degree usually required. Progression to this level usually requires licensure/certification by the local country or jurisdiction. In some jurisdictions, may not require licensure or certification for placement in the role; in others, licensure/certification is required. 3-7 years minimum of total work experience as a qualified attorney is preferred. Prior corporate legal experience within the financial services industry or experience in assigned practice area (e.g., securities, employment, etc.) with an outside law firm is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1806094