BNY Mellon Careers
AST Group Manager, Regional Production/Application Support
AST Group Manager, Regional Production/Application Support
The Manager of the Asset Service Technology (AST) Regional Production Support Incident Management Team will manage the Senior Incident Owners within the region as well as the associated Level 1 and Level 0 support staff. These resources will make up 1/3 of a follow-the-sun workforce that will function 7 days a week. Key success factors include proactive interventions to fix defects, timely communications, rapid recovery and overall insight into the current state of operations. Though this will focus on oversight and management of AST services, the Manager will engage (awareness perspective) on impacting incidents managed outside of AST.
Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for application support activities. Participates in defining the methodology of the department and plans management and software releases. Develops business plans and implements long range projects. Evaluates current application support methods and strategies, and oversees implementation of changes and improvements. Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas. Implements and leads Application Support strategic projects consistent with long-range IT plans. Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within the group. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or more application support teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
High Level Responsibilities:
· All staff providing Production Support Services, on the respective shift, will have either a direct or matrix accountability to the AST Production Support Manager.
· All incident escalations, across AST will be communicated to the AST Production Support Manager.
· The AST Production Support Manager will monitor all Major Incident Management facilitated incidents for engagement, progress and escalation.
· The AST Production Support Manager will be empowered to make decisions, with SME input, across all disciplines.
· AST Production Support Manager will be the primary Point of Contact for all escalations.
· The AST Production Support Manager will monitor scheduled changes to ensure unexpected developments are properly addressed, high risk change status is updated in a timely fashion and change / incident correlation is performed.
· The AST Production Support Manager will ensure that significant events are effectively managed & communicated through prescribed standards / timeframes.
· The AST Production Support Manager will chair a meeting with on-site lead personnel to review incident, event, change and overall enterprise status and ensure complete and accurate turnover has taken place for each AST Service Group.
· Timely escalation of incidents
· Assessment of impact
· Determine necessary level of technology engagement
· Engage Vendor and Third Party Governance Team as required
· Ensure adherence to change standards for corrective actions
· Assist in adjudicating decisions on change activity off hours
· Assess Impact of the Change on stability at any point in time
· Provide input to senior management on nature of service failures
· Provide senior level communications throughout shift.
o Turnover (end of shift)
o Significant Events (key milestones / stages of change)
o Synopsis on major Incidents (Time of failure through to resolution)
· CALL THE DAY – must maintain a general awareness of the success / failure of service delivery throughout the course of the shift / day and be able to articulate current events / issues.
Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 10+ years of experience in information technology required, at least 2 years of experience managing and directing systems development or systems maintenance project teams, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
A Regional Production Support Manager must be an exceptional communicator in both verbal and written form. He / She must be able to assimilate technical information and then communicate back to key senior managers in a non-technical manner.
· Advanced Decision Making skills are also a key skillset. Accreditation in ITIL Foundations and or Kepner Trego Problem Management (or comparable) are essential for this role.
· A sense of urgency and willingness to be accountable for the state of operations stability / performance is a must.
· A successful candidate will have a strong presence. He / she is professional and has good customer service and public relations skills. She / He has good conflict resolution skills. She / He has an outgoing personality, is reliable and dependable.
· Teamwork is a key part of the role and the successful candidate will thrive in that environment.
· This is a time sensitive / mission critical role and as such must be comfortable working under pressure.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, Advanced degree is beneficial. 6 + years of experience in information technology required
· Experienced in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45300
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1806149