BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Group Manager, Application Development (Securities Settlements)
Client Service Delivery Technology provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Service Delivery Technology provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
- Manages multiple groups within the Securities Settlements team. Executes business plans, participates in strategic planning for supported businesses and contributes to the development of the functional global cash strategy,
- Sets group priorities and allocates resources to align with business objectives and budget. Ensures work is integrated across regions and that the work produced meets service level and risk requirements and exceeds quality delivery standards.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contributions, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively as a global team.
- Develops, recommends, negotiates and implements group policies, processes and services as applicable. Directs the study and establishment of new and revised systems, procedures and methods. Resolves complex issues and develops best practices and process improvements for delivery and cost efficiencies.
- Responsible for development of roadmap and strategic plans for assigned cash applications. Progresses the technical architecture of global settlement services applications to exceed resiliency standards, enhance reusability and improve maintainability of software.
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 12 + years of related application development and management experience required
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the financial services industry, with specialization in securities processing
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills
- Extensive people leadership skills, including managing of global teams
- Ability to speak and understand both in technical and business terms with a variety of stakeholders and management levels
- Experience communicating and working directly with senior management with ability to understand and communicate the big picture
- Knowledge and experience in multi-tiered application development, including mainframe and distributed technologies
- Strong experience and vision for operational excellence, including driving efficiency, quality, client experience and delivery
- Ability to lead, influence, and collaborate with many internal stakeholders across many teams to support client delivery
- Organized, self-motivated, results driven
- Ability to thrive in a high-pace work environment
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45021
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1806198