BNY Mellon Careers
Software Asset Management Data Quality Analyst
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Software Asset Management team, within the TSG group, has the main responsibility for supporting the organizations vision to reduce costs, mitigate compliance risks and improve operational efficiencies by effectively managing the firm’s software assets. This position will lead a wide array of activities supporting the improvement of processes and procedures for the Software Asset Management Program, focusing specifically on performing internal software audits.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop internal Software Asset Management Data Quality program.
- Evaluate existing license management practices and implement process improvements.
- Identify gaps in existing license inventory and initiate corrective action.
- Develop dashboards to communicate overall enterprise license position.
- Define a targeted list of software vendors for optimization or addition to the license management system based upon recommendations from the internal Software Audit team.
- Develop expertise to maintain the license inventory using license metrics, downgrade rules, signature identification and any additional license management criteria required.
- Participate in the strategic planning of Software Asset Management activities.
Sr. Specialist IS Admin & Planning Consultant->> Defines and leads strategic management initiatives in support of the CIO. Leads highly complex special projects related to budget, business plans, risk, implementation of policies, standards, methodologies, and/or strategic management projects. Analyzes project implementation status and provides feedback to senior managers. Solves complex issues in implementation to make recommendations for improving the project status. Leads initiatives within the organization. Works closely with senior IT management to understand their needs and provides appropriate guidance, direction, and communication. Works with the technology management team to implement and enforce policies, standards, and methodologies that require in-depth knowledge of IT roles and organizational design. Plans and administers HR related programs such as incentives, job slotting, training, and other staff related items. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in business information/systems/industrial engineering or a related discipline (Finance, Accounting or Computer Systems is preferred) or equivalent work experience is required, MBA is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in broad-based information technology required, at least three (3) years of experience in systems management and cost-effective budgetary responsibility.
- Four to six (4-6) years of software auditing experience.
- Understanding of multiple technology domains and software contract terms and conditions.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45150
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1806269