BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Project Manager - Technology Third Party Governance (SAAS/ ITIL)
As a Third Party Governance engagement analyst, as a member of the AST Vendor Governance team, you are responsible for the oversight of Asset Servicing’s governance of vendor based applications. This includes vendor hosted or vendor licensed software operated in-house within the bank’s data centres.
S/he must have an interest in acquiring knowledge of technology vendor governance and an understanding of the application architecture, infrastructure and technology operations.
Initial focus will be to help stand up the third party enhanced governance operating model to be rolled-out to the remaining applications within Asset Servicing. This requires good organizational skills and knowledge of current technologies and architectures.
The candidate should have an interested in applying their technology background to how vendor provided solutions (applications, cloud based services, etc.) are utilized and managed.
Once the program is stood up, s/he will be responsible for the ongoing oversight of third party governance for their application portfolio, provide support to application managers and oversee quality and oversight of the model are being met by the vendor and application manager.
This is a highly visible function on a high performing team within the bank, as such you will need to be a collaborative team player working with peers throughout technology and the business groups, self directed and well organized as part of a global organization.
- Member of the TPG on-boarding project
- Perform governance oversight to ensure that vendor related and application manager activities meets banks expectations and standards/policies
- Identify gaps between the current state and target model for the application and support the application manager to remediate
- Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. To ensure they match bank approved changes
- Helps drive vendor based initiatives forward, focusing on resiliency/ recoverability of the application and/or service
- Contributes to the achievement of department’s objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, Advanced degree is beneficial
- 2-3 years of experience in multiple areas of information technology preferred
- Experience with managing vendor hosted solutions (SAAS) as well as vendor software that resides on in-house servers preferred
- Experience communicating, verbal and written on technical content,
- Experience in vendor based services, asset servicing preferred
- ITIL certification or experience in an ITIL standard environment a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60135
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1806434