BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Spec'st Project/Prgm Mgr-SOC Project Manager
Sr. Specialist Project/Program Manager->> Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
BNY Mellon is a global custody bank delivering a broad range of investment services and investment management solutions. We operate in over 30 countries and our technology solutions serve over 200,000 professional users and millions of investors. Ours systems touch over one quarter of worldwide investable assets every day. We have one of the strongest balance sheets and capital ratios in the industry, and we have minimal exposure to consumer and mortgage debt Description
- Leads a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure security projects and services are completed on time, within budget and to specifications
- Assists the Program manager in end-to-end project management activities: reporting, planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation
- Collects and defines business requirements and functional specifications for medium to large sized projects
- Translates requirements into functional design, test planning, and user documentation processes
- Gathers and analyzes information and contributes assisting in recommendations to address and resolve cyber risk issues for a specific business group
- Applies experiences with existing cyber risk technology processes to develop better processes to be used in the future. Actively influences process improvement initiatives
- Provides technical consultation concerning business implications of cyber security risk remediation projects
- Participates in solution and/or systems design/ prototyping, construction and testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives
- Contributes to the effectiveness of security-related operations and assists with onboarding, maintenance and issue escalations associated to that security service
- Reviews and analyzes data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations, produces reports, analyses, findings, etc.
- Assists as liaison between business and internal technical teams
- Contributes to managing communication with businesses at a detailed functional level and review/resolve program/project issues
- Experience in Cybersecurity Operations, preferably within a security operations center
- Working understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices is required
- Extensive experience with specific methods, tools and techniques for clearly defining and documenting client needs and associated requirements
- Previous experience with shared technology services initiatives and the ability to contribute to the effectiveness of security-related operations would be a plus, although not required
- Must be able to analyze client requirements, monitor project progress, identify potential roadblocks and keep projects on track
- Must also have prior lead experience producing detail-level functional or operational requirement documentation and conducting inspections of required documents and quality reviews
- Proficient / advanced user of Microsoft Office products
- Advanced use of Microsoft Project is required
- Working knowledge of HPE PPM (Project and Portfolio Management) is beneficial
- Basic understanding of Atlassian Jira is beneficial
- Experienced in compiling large and complex spreadsheets including reporting (e.g. pivots, charting etc.)
- Highly organized with the ability to understand and communicate information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of technology risk management is a plus
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial, 8 - 10 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45163
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1806511